This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Halie McGough

Major: Communication & Marketing Communication

Class Standing: Senior

Role in HC: Writer

Girl on horse, smiling with rope
Halie McGough
Why did you join HC? To meet amazing people and get creative with my writing

What do you love about HC? The wonderful ladies I write with! There is so much support

What’s the most valuable piece of advice you’ve received? “Every person you meet knows something you don’t”

What fictional place would you most love to visit? Not a very original answer, but definitely Hogwarts. A historic magical castle surrounded by some incredible scenery and fascinating animals ?

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Teleportation – how great would it be to take a free weekend trip across the world?!

Are you usually early or late? Always early, according to my dad, if you’re not early then you’re late, even though he’s been late to things plenty of times…

Favorite college course so far? In my four years, I have taken some really interesting classes, but one of the best was probably Professor Stewart’s Family Communication Class. We spent the semester applying communication theory to our own family and interpersonal relationship dynamics.

What’s your typical restaurant order? Anything Italian! Or cheesy!

What is your favorite show to binge watch? NCIS, or crime team related shows.

Where is your favorite place? My family ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Girl holding puppy
Halie McGough
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Traveling the world!

What is one item you cannot live without and why? Definitely couldn’t live without pets, if that counts as an item, my dog is my best friend.

Favorite Food? Pasta

What is one thing about college that you wish you knew before you got here? You don’t have to do everything at the same time. Take the classes you like, spend a night not doing homework, go out and have fun, stay in and stay focused. Alternating all of these is what it is all about. Your friends will still be your friends if you don’t see them every Saturday night and you can still pass you classes if you take a night off.

Why should someone join HC? It’s a really good way to meet others, learn about opportunities, and branch out. You get to write about things you enjoy and get creative while working with and meeting others.

Halie Mcgough

U Wyoming '20

Hi! My name is Halie. I am studying communication and marketing at the University of Wyoming, hoping to move into a career in small business marketing, non profit, and health communications.
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016