Guilty Pleasures: Laramie Restaurant Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you love food. I’ve tried almost every restaurant in Laramie and definitely have my favorites. However, I’ve noticed that a lot of people don’t realize just how many places in this frozen tundra have awesome food. So, we’ve put them all together into one golden list for that night when you have piles of homework, want to have a girls’ night or just want to take your food to-go and not deal with another human being.

The Crowbar & Grill

Favorite Dish: Pad Thai Fries. Imagine getting this all to yourself while watching the Bachelor and pretending to write that essay.

Thai Spice

Pro Tip: Not only do they do takeout, but they also deliver. You only have to put on pants to open the door.

Sweet Melissa’s Vegeterian Cafe

Favorite Dish: fried banana bread. I’ve never tried it, but I know people who swear by it. Sweet Melissa’s is a great local vegetarian restaurant. Go for dinner or dessert, you won’t be disappointed.

Lovejoy’s

Pro Tip: The potato bowl is the exact same thing as the popcorn chicken bowl from KFC. If you’ve ever had it, you know how good it is. Bonus: they put foil in the bottom of the box so it doesn’t get soggy. Oh, and Monday is half price nachos. Just sayin’.

Altitude Chophouse & Brewery

**Favorite Dish: Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks. Literally blocks of pepper jack cheese that has been deep fried. Life changing.

QDoba

(I know it’s technically fast food but this pro tip is too good not to share. I use it every time.)

**Pro Tip: Order nachos with the chips on the side. You get the same amount as a burrito bowl and chips and queso on the side, all for the price of an entrée. Bonus: the chips don’t get soggy. You’re welcome.

Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose is always a go to for breakfast. Favorite Dish: two words. CINNAMON ROLL.

Dickey’s

They just opened in Laramie! I thought they were worthy of being mentioned because a lot of people don’t actually know what they are. They are a barbecue joint that serve their food similarly to Qdoba or Subway. You’re in and out in five minutes.

Bonus: when you get a drink, it comes in a reusable ‘big yellow cup’ that you get to keep.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.