Food for Thought: Best Breakfast Foods in Laramie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Breakfast food is not just essential to the college lifestyle, it is an essential part to any lifestyle. Pancakes, french toast, bacon, waffles, breakfast burritos; the possibilities are endless. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is, I am always ready for breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day, so why not eat it three times a day? As my role model Leslie Knope once said, “Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?”

So if you too are a lover of all things breakfast, here are three places in Laramie that have perfected the art of breakfast food.

17th Street Cafe-

The 17th Street Cafe is a locally owned breakfast and lunch cafe that you can find right across the street from the dorms. On game day, you’ll find everyone decked out in their brown and gold, fueling up to cheer on the team. Their outdoor seating is a great place to enjoy your food while soaking up the sun, before it gets too cold. They have all of the breakfast food staples, but they are known for their breakfast burritos that come with a signature green chilli sauce. Your taste buds will be forever changed.

Daylight Donut-

This little donut shop is a family owned business that has been in Laramie for over 50 years. These donuts are made fresh, along with their breakfast burritos and coffee, every morning. They have just about every kind of donut your heart could desire; glazed, jelly filled, cake, or my personal favorite, chocolate with sprinkles. So treat yourself to one on a Sunday morning, or if you can’t pick just one, buy a dozen. You can share with friends, or eat them all yourself. You can worry about working out later, enjoy the donuts now.

J’s Prairie Rose-

When you step into the Prairie Rose cafe it will feel like you’ve been swept back to a different time. The black and white checkered floor and diner style bar, filled with locals catching up over breakfast, has a hometown feel that’s hard to beat. The diner has been serving Laramie for over 10 years. They have plenty of breakfast food options, but their cinnamon rolls are legendary. They are probably big enough to feed a small family, but you’ll take a bite and want to finish one by yourself.

Sara is a junior double majoring in Journalism and Enviromental and Natural Resources. She was born in Northern Kentucky but has lived in Laramie for 10 years now. She has a communications internship with the Wyoming EPSCoR program and writes for their blog. She also works as a lifegaurd and swim instructor at the local recreation center. To balance out her busy life Sara loves to read, do yoga, and plan her adventures abroad. She enjoys the small things that make life wonderful including rain, green grass, and coffee. One day she hopes to live in Seattle, write for an environmental publication, and travel the world to cover her stories.
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.