This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Emmaline Velasquez

Major: History

Class Standing: Senior 

Role in HC: Co-correspondent/ Vice President

Three girls dressed nice, smiling
Annie Stratton
Why did you join HC? I joined because one of my friends was in HC, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to join an RSO. Now I’m the co-correspondent three years later!

What do you love about HC? I love that HC allows people to make wonderful, close connections with the other people in the organization who also enjoy snacking and talking about their weeks! I also love that we get to use HC as a creative outlet!

What’s the most valuable piece of advice you’ve received? The most valuable piece of advice I’ve received is to do whatever you think is right for you in the moment. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20, but don’t let that keep you from moving forward and keep making the best decisions you can. 

What fictional place would you most love to visit? Atlantis from Atlantis: The Lost Empire

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? It would be to morph into any being. 

Are you usually early or late? I am usually early, I’ve learned that this is a very valuable skill.

Favorite college course so far? My favorite course so far is 20th Century American West (nerdy I know)

What’s your typical restaurant order? Lately, it has been chicken strips, which you can definitely judge me on. 

What is your favorite show to binge watch? Also as of late, it has been the Magicians on Netflix. 

Where is your favorite place? Fishing on the river with my family. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully making money and with a master’s degree. 

What is one item you cannot live without and why? Lotion because living in Wyoming, you need lotion on your person at all times. It makes your skin feel so amazing. 

Favorite Food? Spaghetti and garlic bread. 

What is one thing about college that you wish you knew before you got here? It’s hard work in a different way than high school, but totally worth it. 

Why should someone join HC? Someone should join HC because it is a wonderful community to be involved in. Along with making new friends, you get to be part of a great organization and build up your resume with writing skills and community service. 

I am the current co-correspondent of the University of Wyoming! I spend my time reading lots of historical information, cooking, going out with my friends, and eating ice cream. I am a history major and my plans are to attend grad school to be a public librarian!
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016