Dwight the Cat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Hometown: Laramie, Wyoming

Year in School: n/a, can’t read yet

Relationship Status: In a domestic partnership with a stuffed hedgehog

Major: Napping with a minor in World Domination (these don’t require reading, in case you were wondering.)

To my fellow Laramie residents: this week’s Cutie is a little different, in that he is not actually a human. On the other hand, he is really similar to the previous Cuties because he is really, really cute.

Her Campus: Let’s cut right to the chase, Dwight. We hear you have several plans for World Domination. Care to elaborate?

Dwight: Well…I can’t tell you all the details, obviously. But I guess I can tell you that once I figure out how to escape my human’s apartment, I will steal all the treats from the drawer. Then, I plan on disabling the economy and taking down the government and replacing all the humans in power with my cat friends.

HC: Wow…so, I guess you have a lot to do. What do you do in those rare moments of free time you have?

D: I love napping. And rolling around in catnip is fun too. Sometimes I get to go outside and roll around on the cold cement and have you ever rolled around on that stuff?! It feels so cool. Sometimes I go to the park too, that’s fun, but I’m pretty scared of wind and grass and exercise. Also sometimes, this crazy red dot of light appears and I chase it around and it. Is. So. FUN.

HC: What’s your favorite book?

D: In my pursuit of world domination, I haven’t found the time to learn to read yet. But the humans I own read me this book they bought about how to make their cat internet famous, entitled How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity. I can identify with some of the themes in this novel, especially Chapter 4: The World Is Your Litter Box. So I’d say that’s probably my favorite book.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to eat?

D: All the foods. Especially ice cream.

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

D: Lion King. Hakuna Matata is my life motto.

HC: Do you have any celebrity crushes?

D: Nala from Lion King, she is so beautiful. But I am also totally in love with Grumpy Cat. We share a lot of the same values.

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

D: I like anything with birds in it. Or fish. They move so fast, like me.

HC: In light of Thanksgiving, what are you most thankful for?

D: My new hedgehog toy is pretty cool…

HC: How are you enjoying the wintery weather?

D: The cold white stuff feels weird on my paws. I hate it. I don’t get out much, thankfully, but when the humans I own drag me out into the frigid tundra, I thank the kitty gods that I have enough fluffy fur on me to keep me warm. Unlike you humans. Poor, weak, furless, slow, humans.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving break, Collegiettes! We hope it is absolutely purr-fect. Take this time to be thankful for all you have in life, like cute cats and ice cream!

Lauren is a senior at the University of Wyoming pursuing a degree in Marketing. She is the Founding Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the University of Wyoming, and could not be more in love with her staff and the Her Campus community at large. This California native grew up playing on the beaches of San Diego; and loved the water so much that she is currently a captain of the Women's Swim & Dive Team at UW. She also currently serves as the Content & Copywriting Intern at Wyoming's fastest-growing startup, Bright Agrotech. She feels fortunate to be surrounded by incredible people every day of her busy life, and to live in a world where Ben & Jerry's Phish Food, dachshunds, naps and J.K. Rowling exist. In the future she hopes to land a career at a magazine (think Miranda Priestly, minus the Devil, double the Prada), and if you ask her who her favorite politician is, she will say Leslie Knope. If you'd like to see a few of her other favorite things, be sure to follow her personal Instagram account, @lauren_isabelle.