I love a good red carpet. Sunday night was the 2017 Oscars, where stars had a chance to bring their fashion A-game to one of Hollywood’s biggest nights. After some tough choices and some narrowing down, I have the best dressed stars compiled in this article from the Oscars.
5) Giuliana Rancic: No, she’s not Oscar-nominated, but she’s the host of the red carpet, so she’s a pretty big deal. Rancic looked FLAWLESS last night in periwinkle. I love the length of the dress and I thought the little cutout that goes diagonal right through the middle was tasteful. I love the color and I love the one shoulder; it provides a different look. But, when has Giuliana ever been on the worst dressed list at an event like this? (The answer is never.)
4) Kirsten Dunst: I put Kirsten on this list because though the LBD is a classic, I LOVE the length because it’s not often that you see this cut on a gown like this. I think it’s the perfect way to highlight her shoes, which look great with the gown itself. I thought this dress was so unique for this reason and let’s not ignore the fact that the dress has pockets. Honestly, what’s more convenient than that for a designer gown? I love how classic and timeless this look was and the little details really pulled the look together and made me remember her.
3) John Legend and Chrissy Teigen: I feel like these two are always a package deal, so I put them together at number 3. I love the way they always look good together and they can also kill the red carpet if they stand alone. Their chemistry makes for an entertaining interview as always and they are just so fashionable I can’t deny that they’re always on my best dressed list. They always keep it simple, I love how John went for the classic tux and Chrissy shined in white.
2) Hailee Steinfield: I won’t lie, I was shocked by this look from Hailee, I feel like she usually goes edgier with her red carpet looks and isn’t afraid to do so. But this gorgeous Ralph & Russo Couture gown really wowed me when I saw her. I love the floral details and I love how it’s very different but not so unusual that you’re just confused by the look. I thought that this gown was very beautiful and elegant. I love it.
1) Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone: I’m putting this La La Land duo at number one for best dressed because you’d be blind to think they aren’t the most gorgeous actors to set foot on the Oscars’ red carpet. I have several reasons for this, one being Ryan Gosling because duh, he’s perfect. Another is that it’s such a classy look coming from the both of them. Emma is shining in gold, looking like an actual Oscar award, but it’s not obnoxious either. Sometimes going to an awards show in gold doesn’t always work out but she nailed it. Then Ryan Gosling just compliments her look with the black and white tuxedo with ruffles (he’s working those ruffles, don’t lie to yourself) Finally, of course, their beautiful faces just seal the deal. These two are magical and my mouth literally dropped when I saw them.