Alternative Ideas to Going Out on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Halloween may be upon us, but for those of you who have no desire to leave the warmth of your home that night, here are some alternatives.

Movie Marathon

We’re getting so close to Christmas, might as well start watching Christmas movies. Am I right? The Nightmare Before Christmas is a fitting movie that proves that Christmas and Halloween go together like Jack and Sally.

Game Night With a Twist

Okay, so you’re in your living room playing Cards Against Humanity and trick-or-treaters keep stopping by or just walking past your home. Turn seeing certain costumes into a drinking game:

For every Elsa take a shot

For every ghost/pumpkin/cat take a sip of your beer

For every group of teenagers finish your drink

For every sad looking parent someone of your choosing takes a shot (maybe that parent?)

Pinterest Crafts

Time to step up your Pinterest game, fam. Wine crafts, baking, building furniture, don’t limit yourself. You got this, fam.

Host a Halloween Party

Or really any type of party. Do a theme! Have a potluck. The end goal is to not have to deal with every cop in town out on the roads, as well as packed bars, and dealing with crazy shenanigans. There will be other nights to engage in such activities, but with fewer people out. So have a party! Dinner parties and themed parties are incredibly underrated. Drinking cheaper booze and eating all the candy, while hanging out with people you care about sounds like a good time.

Sleep

One of the most coveted things for college students, sleep. While everyone is out, you could be in bed, warm, and catching up on sleep.

Whatever you choose, have a fun and safe Halloween!

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems. 
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.