This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

As long lived Wyomingites, we are going to share some of our favorite places in this amazing state!

1. Ucross, Wyoming

About 18 miles outside of Buffalo, Wyoming you come upon an oasis you would have never expected. In the middle of a valley, it is absolutely gorgeous with hay fields and hills in every direction. There is also a non-profit organization with a public gallery and park that only add to the oasis. You can find gardens, wildlife including snapping turtles, and a green sight for sore eyes in Wyoming. Watch out for those (not-so) little guys on the highways!

2. The Big Horn Mountains

The Big Horn Mountains, in my opinion, are some of the most beautiful sights to see. I was privileged enough to be able to travel through them on the weekends and experience all the mountains had to offer, including cows and canyons. 

3. Yellowstone National Park

Yellowstone is easily one of the most beautiful places on earth. From the explosive geysers to the bubbling mud pots, you are bound to witness something amazing. Not to mention, the wildlife is next level. Just please remember that you are in their home, stay on roads and trails, and respect their space.

4. Sinks Canyon State Park

I remember visiting here when I was young and being blown away by the idea that a river could just disappear underground and reappear a few miles down the road. Just outside of Lander, this state park is one of the hidden gems of our state, and deserves a place on this list for sure.

If you ever have the chance, grab some friends and travel to our favorite places in Wyoming. We know you won’t regret it.

First four photos courtesy of author, Emmaline Velasquez.

5, 6

I am the current co-correspondent of the University of Wyoming! I spend my time reading lots of historical information, cooking, going out with my friends, and eating ice cream. I am a history major and my plans are to attend grad school to be a public librarian!
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016