This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Let’s be honest, all year you’ve been eyeing those items you want but have not had the money to pay for them. All that sadness of not buying what you want has led you to the shoppers holiday, better known as, Black Friday (although, it seems to start Thursday afternoon now, but I won’t get into that). As it has been, year after year, some of the best sales happen on Black Friday, but it isn’t always the safest day to go shopping. Here are a few tips, if you plan on going to stores on Black Friday.

1.    Before taking off shopping, make sure you know where the best sales are and what stores are selling the items you are looking for. Make a list of stores and have it ranked.

2.    Make sure to take a shopping buddy with you that you can leave in line while you shop.

3.     Avoid using bags or purses (if you must have a bag use a satchel or a fanny pack), and wear comfortable sneakers.

4.     Clearly, there will be stampedes of people trying to get into stores. If you do not feel up for getting into fights (your choice), then go to the next store on your list.

5.    When you see what you want, hold onto it as long as you can. The best way to ensure that you keep it, is making sure it is as close to your body as possible; the further away, the easier it will be to snatch.

6.    Don’t be afraid to push yourself through people, in order to get to the items you want.

7.    The way to get people to hate you even more on Black Friday, is if you decide to use a check. Honestly, I have seen a lot of people do this with long lines behind them. Don’t be that person, use cash or a credit card, please.

8.    Make sure to be hydrated at all times and have some type of protein bar with you. It will really make the difference on you staying for 30 mins vs the whole night.

9.    If you are at a store and a fight breaks out, use common sense. It might just be easier to get out of there as soon as possible, so do that. Avoid conflict, mostly because you probably don’t want to end up in jail or maybe even at the hospital.

10.    Be like Chanel (or not) and remember that just hours ago you were being thankful for what you have in your life.

Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.