This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

The leaves are falling, sweaters are coming out of storage, and you need some music to fit the vibes. I know I like to have more folk/indie music when it comes to the seasons changing and becoming slightly colder. Here’s some songs that should be on your playlist this fall!

singles:

’tis the damn season By taylor swift

Taylor Swift’s album evermore is a perfect collection of fall-like songs to listen to this season, but this song in particular gives off that mysterious feeling of coming home for Thanksgiving. Reconnecting with hometown friends, getting used to your family’s old routine, and maybe seeing someone special? All while that fall air surrounds you.

Halloween Store by Andy Shauf

The fall vibes of this song are quite literally in the title. Much like Shauf’s album, this song is a soft, jazzy, alternative tune, the gentle strumming of the guitar creating a snazzy atmosphere. It’s a great song for walks across campus as you start to brainstorm your halloween costume!

Savior Complex by Phoebe Bridgers

While most of Phoebe’s sophomore album fits the fall vibe, the minimalist production of this song makes it perfect for your hot girl fall walk.

Smoke Signals by Phoebe Bridgers

The longing sound that is reminiscent in the music but lyrics about falling in love capture that feeling of being undesirable that comes around in the middle of fall.

1980s Horror Film by the Wallows

The retro sound of the music transports you back to the 80s and is perfect for staring out a window while on a bus and watching the leaves change. It is also perfect for a hot girl walk with a bit of a groove. Also who doesn’t love old school horror films during the fall, especially around Halloween?

Beige by Yoke Lore

I discovered this song through Spotify’s fall playlists and it remains my fall anthem. You’ll just have to listen to understand the absolute vibey-ness of this song.

Repeat by Luke Hemmings

In 2021, Luke Hemmings, the lead singer of 5 Seconds of Summer, released his solo album full of melancholic songs just like this which are perfect for fall

Long Time Running by the Tragically Hip

Canada’s band has a lot of music for lots of different moods, but the guitar in this song makes it a chill autumny tune.

Sweater Weather by the Neighborhood

The quintessential fall song, need I say more?

Sleep On The Floor by the Lumineers

Is any playlist truly complete without having the Lumineers on it? There’s so much to say about this song, but no playlist is complete without it.

Stubborn Love by the Lumineers

Perfect for those long bus rides to and from campus to just close your eyes and let the scenery pass by.

Albums:

Zach Bryan by Zach Bryan

I have been obsessed with this album since it’s release. It is the country fall album in my opinion.

Stick Season (We’ll All Be Here Forever) by Noah Kahan

This extended album hits home so hard, it encapsulates the feeling of leaves falling and growing up, the coming of age that is associated with fall. Noah Kahan is sure to be a fall staple for years to come.

Unreal Unearth by Hozier

Hozier is the king of the fall season and his latest album is chalk full of songs that will dominate the season. Unreal Unearth shows off his incredible storytelling and musicianship and will be on repeat until further notice.

Of course, this is just some of the songs that are on our playlist this fall! Be sure to check out our Spotify playlist for more songs perfect for the autumn weather!

Paige is one of two Campus Correspondents at the Her Campus at UVic chapter. Alongside her co-leader, she publishes content, manages the executive team, oversees retention and recruitment, hosts meetings, and writes content as well! She has been with Her Campus since September of 2022 as both a writer and editor before deciding to take on a larger role as Chapter Leader. She has published a piece with the campus newspaper before deciding that she preferred to edit and publish articles instead. She has done media for a non-profit as well as collabing with local newspapers to promote the festival that the non-profit ran. As a third-year writing major at UVic, Paige is minoring in journalism with a focus in creative nonfiction. She received a scholarship for a short story she wrote in 2020. She has also received various academic scholarships for her grades. She hopes to go into either publishing/editing or working for a newspaper/magazine somewhere in Europe one day, ideally in the world of Formula One. In her free time, Paige watches and keeps up with the Formula One world. She also enjoys reading a good book, bingeing one of her favourite TV shows such as Criminal Minds or Bones, and visiting bookstores.
Aleisha Woodman is the Social Media Director at the University of Victoria chapter of Her Campus. She is in charge of generating and overseeing posts on the Her Campus @ UVic Instagram and TikTok pages, as well as writing and editing articles. Aleisha is currently in her third year at the University of Victoria, majoring in Gender Studies and minoring in Journalism. She has received numerous scholarships and accolades for her academic achievement both before and during her time at UVic. Aleisha has been with Her Campus since 2022, working as a writer and editor before moving up to be the Social Media Director. While her published writing experience is limited to Her Campus at the moment, she hopes to expand her portfolio in the coming years with publications such as The Martlet here at UVic. Aleisha specializes in writing on topics surrounding music, pop culture, as well as global issues and social justice. When she’s not writing, Aleisha is a barista and a huge coffee nerd always practicing her latte art. She’s also a pop-culture fanatic (a fangirl, if you will) who will often be found listening to 5 Seconds of Summer and Phoebe Bridgers, as well as reading her favourite romance novels.