What Your Water Bottle Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

You’d be surprised by how much a water bottle can say about your personality. Whether you’re trendy, sporty, or adventerous, there’s a water bottle that is perfect for you. Here’s a list of the most popular bottles we see on campus, and what they say about you! 

The Nalg(ene)— You clearly climb a lot of mountains and really love the great outdoors. Or maybe you just drink a lot of water in a day?

The University of Victoria Camelbak— Your parents went with you to the bookstore and bought all your school supplies for you during res move in day.  Oh to go back to your first day of your first year, when what colour water bottle you chose was the most important thing on your mind.

Swell— Probably the most basic of all the water bottles to carry, but also one of the cutest. So go ahead, be basic!

The Contigo— Clearly somebody in your family has a costco membership….

The “Free” water bottle— You really don’t care what your water bottle looks like; they were handing them out for free so you took it.

The mason jar— It’s OK if you want to be a hipster, just don’t complain to me when your mason jar breaks in your backpack and spills water all over your lap top.

The Dasani— You constantly forget your water bottle at home so you have to buy bottled water. Or you somehow think that bottled water really is better. Let’s hope it’s the first one.

The Blender ball — Do you even lift?

Kleen Kanteen— You’re saving the planet one water bottle at a time.

What water bottle do you use? Let us know in the comments below!

Kate is a linguistics major at the University of Victoria. Although she is only 22 years old, Kate is truly a granny at heart. She could not imagine a world in which sweaters, dogs, coffee, and brunch did not exist. In her spare time Kate likes to create inspirational quotes to live by. Her quote of the moment is "Life is a party and I have the streamers!"
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison