Victoria Wardrobe Musts to Beat the Rain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

School is underway, and some of us might be missing a few key pieces that you cannot live without when you live in Victoria. Sometimes there’s rain, sometimes there’s wind, and if you’re really unlucky there’s both. Don’t panic! We’ve got you covered – here’s the list.

First things first. It rains. A lot. So, a waterproof rain jacket is required. This North Face rain jacket is everything you need to stay warm in the rain and still pulls its weight in the fashion department.

Look no further for a great pair of rain boots. Hunter rain boots are made for jumping into puddles. The rubber sole with ensure you don’t slip on the pavement and the padded insole won’t tire your feet.

Not only is Victoria rainy, it’s also windy. Something handy to have around is a pair of touchpad finger gloves. They’ll protect your hands from the wind and rain, but still allow you to do the most important thing in your life: use your phone.

Umbrellas are a point of debate in Victoria. Some say they’re useless because of the wind others say you learn to deal with it. Whichever you should be, an umbrella is a useful weapon to have in your arsenal when battling the elements.

Whether you bike or walk to school, keeping your school supplies dry is your number one objective. It pays to invest in a waterproof backpack or a backpack-cover.  

Sources: 1/2/3/4/5

Leah Smith

U Vic '20

Coming from Edmonton, AB, Leah is a writing student in the Fine Arts Department at the University of Victoria. She enjoys all things story related including but not limited to TV, movies, and books. She is a die-hard fan of Peaky Blinders, Mr. Robot, and Jane the Virgin. She loves desserts and when she has time enjoys baking and hanging out with her family and friends. She is easy-going and with an avid love for music and hopes to be a screenwriter.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison