These Are the Best Vegetarian Places to Eat at in Victoria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Victoria is a beautiful city with amazing food, and if you’re a vegetarian, you’re in luck! There are so many great restaurants with plenty of veggie options for you. Here are seven Victoria restaurants with the best vegetarian options.

1. Pagliacci’s

Pagliacci’s is an Italian-style restaurant with a variety of great pasta dishes, but I would go just for the bread alone. Their focaccia bread is to die for, and it has a great atmosphere with live music almost every night. Make sure to get there early, though—they don’t take reservations or a wait list, so on busy nights, there’s a lineup out the door.

2. The Old Spaghetti Factory

A classic, and a cheaper option if you’re craving pasta. Their dishes come with sourdough bread, a starter soup or salad, coffee or tea, and ice cream! It’s in a great location, too: right across from the Royal BC Museum.

3. Tacofino

If you like tacos, this is one of the best places to get them. And they have the best vegetarian taco: it’s called the yam tempura taco, and it’s as good as it sounds. If you’re feeling really hungry, the super veg burrito is the way to go. It also contains yam tempura! Tacofino is a great place for a quick bite to go, or you can stay in and eat if you prefer.

4. Nourish Kitchen

If you’re for something healthier, Nourish is the place for you. It is a great environment that makes you feel like you’re right at home. They have both vegetarian and vegan options, and if you have other dietary restrictions like gluten-free or dairy-free, they can easily accommodate you.

5. Bin 4 Burger Lounge

This is by far my favourite place to eat on the island. They have so many creative burger options, and you can substitute their tofu or bean patty with any of the meat burgers. They also have the best fries that come with your choice of aioli. Next time you’re craving a burger, you gotta eat here.

6. be love

Another healthy option for you is be love restaurant. It is mindfully sourced, organic, and plant-based. It is right in the heart of downtown Victoria and a great choice if you’re looking to try something new.

7. Glo Restaurant

Last, but certainly not least, Glo! It is right on the water with a beautiful view and its own separate vegetarian menu. There are so many great options to choose from and a great happy hour, too!

Sammy Walton is a third year Kinesiology major at the University of Victoria. She is hoping to find a career in the exercise, physical health, or physical therapy fields. She enjoys staying active, outdoor activities, fashion, and anything Disney and often uses them for inpiration as a HerCampus at UVic writer.  You can see her in action by following her on Instagram @sammywalton
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison