Stay Cute and Dry: The 8 Best Raincoats for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

With the weather getting colder and colder, it also tends to get more and more wet. Living on the west coast, a raincoat has to be the most important staple in your wardrobe. If you’re tired of getting soaking wet within the five minutes it takes you to walk from the bus to your class, take a look at these coats for a stylish and dry fall.

1. TOPSHOP Percy Curved Hem Raincoat

Check it out at the Bay, on clearance! Not too expensive, and the sleeves can unroll to completely cover yours arms.

2. The North Face, Women’s Resolve 2 Jacket

A Victoria staple, there’s a reason so many people own these jackets.

3. TOPSHOP Transparent Raincoat Mac

For those days when you wonder if you really have to cover up your cute outfit with a jacket.

4. Hunter Boots, Original Rubberized Hunting Coat

Another Victoria staple, Hunter boots, in the form of a raincoat. Definitely on the pricier side, but if you own a pair of their boots you’ll know they’re good quality.

5. Zara Water Repellent Trench Coat

If you’re going to be wearing it everyday, you might as well make it a statement.

6. Joules Golightly Plain Packaway Waterproof Jacket

Small enough to pack into a small bag that it comes with, but still has some extra length to keep you extra dry.

7. Zara Colourful Raincoat

If you want to add a pop of colour to a gloomy day.

If all else fails, you can always buy an umbrella!

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison