The New Year’s Dresses of Your Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

New Year’s Eve: the night of new beginnings, kissing, and waving goodbye to last year’s drama. There’s a lot about the night that’s amazing, and I think the beautiful dresses fall into that category. So, whether you’re into velvet, sparkle, sheen, or lace, the world-wide-web has something for you.

Velvet

At $59, this velvet wonder isn’t going to break the bank, but it’ll keep you looking hot with a classic bodycon cut and an off-the-shoulder neckline. A big bonus is that it comes in five different colours! Get it here.

If you’re looking to save, this cutie will only cost you $24.90 for a fit-and-flare style that’ll let you flaunt all you got up top. Get it here.

This dress, at $49.90, is middle ground. Wrap dresses are having a moment in the world of trend, I suggest taking advantage while you can! Get it here.

Sparkle

A bit of a splurge at $129, but how can you resist? Step out of the norm and into the spotlight with this midi-dress. Get it here.

If you aren’t into full body sequins, but still want to stop the show, this is the dress for you. It has a mid-range price at $51.90. Get it here.

Step into the party looking like a golden girl! It’ll cost you $124, but if you ever want to go to a 007 casting call, you’re set. Get it here.

Sheen

I can’t say I fully understand this dress … but I also can’t say I don’t love it. Apparently, all it takes to be an 80s queen is $69.90. Get it here.

This low-back number is to die for! You’ll stay nice and warm with the long sleeves, for $59.95. Get it here.

This rose gold wonder is only $22.90! The high neckline and baby-doll hem add cute details to an otherwise basic dress. Get it here.

Lace

Sweet lace with a bad girl edge? I’m in. For $84, you can have an NYE dress and a base for future Halloween costumes. Sexy witch, anyone? Get it here.

If you’re looking for a slightly more professional look, this little Wilfred number is the one for you! It’s $135 dollars, so let’s call it a serious investment in your wardrobe. Get it here.

Polka dots: Check.

Embroidered collar: Check.

Lace: Check.

What’s not to love? For $49.90, you can check all the boxes this NYE. Get it here.

Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison