I moved to Victoria with plans to thoroughly explore the city and do all of the cool things it had to offer that my small hometown lacked. However, I only managed to complete a few of them during my first year. So this year I decided to make a bucket list to help me make the most of my time here, encourage me to experience new things and have fun. I have already completed the first three items, and they’re definitely worth checking out. Hopefully, my list gives you some inspiration for your own — or at least gives you something to do this weekend.

Hike to Goldstream Trestle
Go to Russell Books
Do a tasting at Sea Cider
Go on a zipline tour
Walk Ogden Point Breakwater
Go to the Royal BC Museum
Go on a Rolling Barrel pub crawl
Go on a Ghostly Walks Tour
Visit the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
Check out Sidney Booktown
Watch the sunset from Mount Tolmie

These are some of the things in Victoria and its surrounding area that interest me. I hope to check out as many of them as I can, in the coming months. What are some of your favourite things to do in and around our city? Comment below!

Ashlee is a third year Creative Writing student, originally from Calgary(ish). When not drowning in writing assignments, she can be found drinking coffee or complaining about needing coffee. Her other hobbies include using reading to procrastinate, spending too much money in bookstores and reorganizing her bookshelves.