Silly Girl
Silly Girl
Arianna Tucker / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

It’s easy to feel intimidated by the unknown but luckily vibrators are no longer as taboo as they once were. We use them and we love them! Here are some common misconceptions about vibrators with some of my personal recommendations thrown in!

They’re big.

Sure, there are the classics like the Hitachi Magic Wand, but technology has come a long way. Not only can vibrators be small — like fit in your pocket small — but they can be inconspicuous as well. A prime example is the Vesper Massager Necklace, which is small and doubles as a cute necklace. 

They are phallically shaped.

Different strokes for different folks and different shapes for different mates. Vibrators come in all shapes and sizes! They can double as jewelry (see above), look like eggs or even a very special magic wand

They’re loud.

Yes, again, some vibrators are loud! But if you want to blast off without the sound of a rocket launching in your bedroom, there are options. In a world of paper-thin walls, technology has stepped up and made some near-silent toys. Here is one that will give you some privacy from your roommates.

You only use them alone.

A vibrator is a great toy to bring into the bedroom with a partner! So many are easy to handle and a great way to amp up your sex life — and your personal sexual pleasure. 

They’re expensive.

Getting your vibe on is cheaper than ever and there are lots of great options for those on a budget. My personal recommendation is this cutie from PinkCherry. Small, inexpensive and powerful; it’s a true triple threat. 

Which one of these surprised you the most? Let us know in the comments!

Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.