Anna Schultz-Hands With Cell Phone
Anna Schultz-Hands With Cell Phone
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Meet Kate Harder: Our Social Media Executive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Kate Harder is in her 4 th and final year at UVic. When she’s not studying Linguistics, Kate enjoys reading and listening to podcasts. Kate hopes to pursue a master’s in Speech Pathology and to do research in neuropsychology and stroke recovery. She is also the Her Campus Social Media Executive and I had the pleasure of sitting down with her to chat about her role.

What is working in social media like?

It’s pretty fun! It is definitely something new to me, I have personal social accounts but overseeing the Her Campus accounts is different. I’ve had to learn to be more aware of posts and keeping up with current events. For example, I made some posts about the Canadian Election. It is nice because I’m not too worried about how many likes I get or stuff like that.

What type of things do you do in social media for HerCampus?

Instagram is the most fun! I get to express and show Her Campus to other people. Managing the HerCampus Facebook has been pretty straight forward but I would like to get better at YouTube.

What are your biggest challenges?

Time management is definitely the biggest challenge. It takes a lot more time to make a post than you think. You have to find a good picture and consider how it will look in the feed. I’m also a perfectionist and want every post to be really good.

What project are you most looking forward to?

I am doing a YouTube video about Fall cocktails with Ria. If it goes well, we might consider making it a recurring video on our YouTube.

What is your favourite article?

I Had a Boy Write a Song About Me

What makes HerCampus different from other online magazines?

Her Campus is cool because the people who contribute are so diverse. There’s a bigger writing staff which leads to more perspectives on issues. It’s also nice that articles are relevant to UVic versus how general articles on Buzzfeed might be.

Parus Khan

U Vic '22

I am a 2nd year UVic student studying Child and Youth Care. I enjoy photography, watching movies, and fashion. My dream vacation would be going on a Disney cruise!
Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.