social media apps?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
social media apps?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration by Gina Escandon for Her Campus Media

Lessons We’ve Learned Through Covid 19 Memes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

We live in an era where regardless of the crisis at hand, we will always have memes to get us through. The global COVID-19 pandemic is no exception with thousands of memes being created to poke fun at panic buying, remind us to wash our hands, and maybe hit a little too close to home while we are all stuck at home. Not only do memes bring a little bit of humour to our currently quarantined lives, but they are here to teach us some important life lessons. Here are five lessons we’ve learned from COVID-19 memes. 

Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Singing your favourite song will really help the time pass faster.

Zoom is the best video conferencing software no one had ever heard of.

A global pandemic is not a good time to take advantage of cheap vacation deals.

No one wanted to hear about how you lived “abroad” for the summer anyway.

Memes are the only thing that will get us through difficult times.

Hopefully, this article brought a little joy to your day. Don’t forget to stay inside, wash your hands regularly, and send us all of your favourite memes!

Kate is a linguistics major at the University of Victoria. Although she is only 22 years old, Kate is truly a granny at heart. She could not imagine a world in which sweaters, dogs, coffee, and brunch did not exist. In her spare time Kate likes to create inspirational quotes to live by. Her quote of the moment is "Life is a party and I have the streamers!"
Carly Grabher is in her fifth year of Creative Writing at The University of Victoria with a minor in Gender Studies. She is the Campus Correspondent of the UVic chapter and has been a contributing writer and editor with Her Campus for four years. In addition to writing articles, Carly formerly danced and worked at Canada's National Ballet School, redesigned the website for The University of Victoria Faculty Association, and worked as the communications and events assistant with UVic's Co-operative Education Program and Career Services.