Lazy Girl’s Guide to Desserts: 5 Places that will Deliver to your Door

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

If you are having a rough day, week or semester, I know what will perk you up. Desserts delivered to your door. I did not stutter. This is not a drill. These are some of the best desserts you can get in Victoria that will support your journey to becoming a lazy dessert connoisseur. Here are my top five:

The Cookie Guy

1122 Blanshard Street

If you have never had freshly baked cookies DELIVERED to your door, I can tell you as a frequent cookie eater that you are missing out. Not only will they deliver cookies to you, but you can get combos that include organic milk, coffee or Phillips Soda. If you’ve ever wanted an excuse to never leave your house, I’ve found it for you.

You’re welcome.

Victoria Pie Company

#6 1701 Douglas Street – inside the Victoria Public Market

Not only can you order these pies for delivery, but you can also subscribe to a monthly pie club. They will deliver a new pie to your home every month, packed with freebies or delicious experiments as a little surprise. You can even add a paired ice cream if you like.

Pagliaccis

1011 Broad Street

So I cheated a little here. You can order through DineIn Victoria to get access to the desserts from Pagliaccis. Pagliacci’s is famous for their traditional italian food with a twist, live music, and amazing portions which is just what you need when you’re having a night in. My personal favourite is the carrot cake, it’s probably the best slab of cake I’ve had since being in Victoria.

Famoso

Market Square in Downtown Victoria

Another small cheat is using skipthedishes.com to get access to Famoso’s desserts, such as Nutella Pizza. Yes, Nutella pizza. Not only does Famoso have some of Victoria’s favourite pizza, but they also have dessert options such as Dolce and Banana, which is oven roasted bananas, pecans, caramel sauce and vanilla gelato, and of course the Nutella pizza, which is exactly as amazing as it sounds.

Empire Donuts

736 View Street

The minimum delivery item is a dozen donuts, but let’s be honest: it’s not that hard to order a dozen donuts. There is nothing better than being woken up on a Saturday morning by your donut delivery. They frequently sell out, so orders need to be placed the day before. If you’re ordering donuts though, you might as well plan the whole day around it.

Know of any other places in Victoria you can get desserts delivered? Share it in the comments and rejoice with your other lazy dessert eaters!

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison