This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

We all procrastinate sometimes, and everyone has a favourite way to procrastinate. Take a look at the procrastination method best suited to your astrological sign, and hey, maybe once you’re done reading this, you’ll take a look at that studying you still have to do.

Aries – Starting another project.

Aries are great at starting projects – but not always finishing them. As an Aries, when you hit a wall with an assignment there’s a good chance you’ll just move onto something new that seems more exciting, instead of finishing the task at hand.

Taurus – Snacking.

Tauruses like being surrounded by comfortable and pleasant things, and nothing beats a good study snack. But, there also comes a point when you’re spending more time on getting snacks than doing the work you need to get done.

Gemini – Internet rabbit holes (reading).

Geminis love learning new things, and the internet is a never-ending goldmine of information. Geminis may find themselves getting sidetracked by all the interesting information available online. For a Gemini, a paper on Victorian literature can quickly turn into looking into the lifespan of gorillas.

Cancer – Self-care.

Those under the sign of Cancer are empathetic and very in tune with the needs of others, as well as their own needs. They aren’t afraid to take a couple of hours off to prioritize themselves. And that’s awesome – they just have to be careful not to get too carried away. Daily 2-hour-candlelit baths can’t yield much productive work.

Leo – Making TikToks.

Leos are known for their social and outgoing attitudes, and apps like Instagram and TikTok are their bread and butter. They’re on top of all the trends, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to find them posting the latest viral video instead of studying for their midterms.

Virgo – Perfecting one small detail.

Virgos have a tendency to overanalyze and they are often perfectionists. You’ll probably have some luck finding them spending all their time perfecting the intro paragraph, instead of actually writing the rest of the essay.

Libra – Hanging out with friends.

Libras are another social sign, so you can probably find them hanging out with their friends when they really should be working on that term paper. Hey, maybe they’re writing the paper about hanging out with their friends and just doing “research”, who knows.

Scorpio – Video games.

A Scorpio’s attraction to dark and sometimes dangerous things makes them the perfect candidates to spend hours playing the latest first-person shooter or fantasy adventure video games. Remember to put down the controller and pick up the textbooks, Scorpios.

Sagittarius – Working out.

Active and energetic Sagittariuses can often be found working out instead of working. Whether it’s going to the gym, hiking or adventuring somewhere new – anything is better than sitting at their desk studying.

Capricorn – They literally don’t.

I tried with Capricorns, I really did. They are nothing if not disciplined hard workers, and once they set their mind to something, they get it done. I’m a little jealous, I won’t lie. The only place Capricorns could find themselves stuck is when they don’t give themselves room to adapt when something comes up unexpectedly. Or if they decide they just aren’t going to do their work. That would do it.

Aquarius – Scrolling on TikTok.

Inventive Aquarius folks have likely found a great place among all the creators and innovators of TikTok. Their interest in how people work and why we do the things we do may lead to hours of scrolling on the app (it is the perfect place to see what people are doing, and why!).

Pisces – Reading.

You’ll often find Pisces lost in their own world, and these folks would rather find themselves lost in the fantasy world of a good book than lost in piles of homework. And that’s a choice I can get behind.

Of course, this is by no means a definitive list. I’ve certainly found myself doing every single thing on this list while procrastinating, so don’t feel limited by the confines of your star sign. Procrastinate however your heart desires! 

And then maybe get on that studying…

Sierra is a third-year student at UVic, studying philosophy, sociology and all things human. When she's not studying, she loves finding new spots to eat, spending time outdoors, watching crime dramas and roaming the aisles of used bookstores.
Emma is a second-year graduate student at the University of Victoria. She's a pop-culture-obsessed filmmaker and aspiring video game designer. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or burning her eyes from staring at a screenplay that just isn't working, she's probably at home playing video games, watching movies (it's technically homework, she's studying them) or mindlessly scrolling through her TikTok feed.