How to Spice up Your Conference Attire ft. VicMUN

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Whether it is your first conference or you’re a seasoned veteran, finding what to wear can be as stressful as your presentation! Recently Her Campus at UVic had the opportunity to attend VicMUN, a Model United Nations Conference held at the University of Victoria. We found some attendees who really rocked their conference attire.

Blazers

A blazer is the obvious staple business casual wardrobe item. With a simple shift dress, a blazer can pull an outfittogether. A well-fitting blazer is an investment we all have to come to terms with at some point, and is necessary in any professional young person’s closet.

Keeping the outfit details minimal and classic with a simple watch and a natural nail polish colour complete the look effortlessly.

High Waisted Pants

Not only are high waisted pants incredibly flattering, but they manage to pull an effort together effortlessly by adding dimension and playing with proportions. High waisted pants here are a staple in a business casual wardrobe.

The pop accent of the electric blue shoes in this look add a little edge to this black and white outfit.

Unexpected Accents

The simple black and white dress scream business attire, but dressing it up with unexpected accents brings a little life back into what might otherwise seem like a bland outfit. The yellow cardigan is the perfect length to bring some interest but also keep the body elongated.

These cat flats are a fun way to jazz up an outfit unexpectedly. You wouldn’t notice them at first glance, but they are definitely something to add a little perk to your step.

Not your average pencil skirt

Adding some fun and flair with different colours and cuts of pencil skirts can spice up any business casual attire. The cut of this skirt maintains the conservative length of a regular pencil skirt, but adds some interest with a wrap skirt effect.

Keep it all together with other simple staples and brightly-coloured shoes to elevate your business casual look.

Thank you VicMUN for letting us take part in your incredible conference! See you next year!

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison