photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

How to Eat Farm to Table in Victoria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Victoria citizens know about two kinds of cuisine: Brunch (I understand this is not a type of cuisine) and Farm to Table. We have the a large variety in both categories, but this guide will take you through a full day’s worth of meals with Victoria’s best farm to table restaurants.

Brunch

Nourish

225 Quebec Street

Nourish has “Sleeping Beauty Pancakes”, classic Eggs Benny, all for reasonable prices and they have most menu items with gluten free and dairy free options. Their incredible location makes this a must have for Victoria natives and visitors!

Mid-Day Snack

Charlotte and the Quail

505 Quayle Road

With seasonal soups at $4 a cup, or their infamous green pie. Paired with their refreshing rosemary lemonade makes for a perfect mid-day meal. Afterwards make sure to try a dandelion latte, it is a truly unique experience.

Lunch

10 Acres

611 Courtney Street

Local BC seafood and handcrafted bread are staples at 10 Acres, and their boston style west coast seafood chowder is “amazing”! Their lunch fresh sheet is an expansive menu with lots of variety. Their slogan says it all, “Farm to Table. We Live It.”.

Dinner

Olo

509 Fisgard Street

Olo is known for it’s ever changing and impressive menu. Their tasting menu and wine pairing is highly recommended. They are a smaller restaurant that is big on flavour. The knowledge and talent of their staff, paired with their wonderful food and atmosphere will leave a lasting impression.

Dessert

Victoria Pie Co

#6 1701 Douglas Street

Victoria Pie Co promises to work with local farmers to bring “the very best and the ripest the day has to offer.” Located in the Hudson District, the Pie Co has incredible seasonal pies, and even offer a perfectly paired ice cream to top it off.

Late Night

Little Jumbo

506 Fort Street

Open till midnight four days a week, and 1am on Friday and Saturday, Little Jumbo is perfect for late night cocktails and late night food. They have some of the best cocktail names, the “Electric Panda” is highly recommended. The Steak Frites is a crowd pleaser as well!  

Sources: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison