This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Disney launched Disney+, its first streaming platform, about three weeks ago. It hosts content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. The highly-anticipated release was a hit, especially because of competitive benefits like relatively low subscription costs, apps on multiple platforms and the ability to stream on four devices, not to mention the joy and nostalgia of watching beloved childhood movies and TV shows with convenience.

Twitter, of course, had opinions. Here are some hot takes:

Of course, I have to start the list with a tweet about The Mandalorian because BABY YODA.

Everyone knows Shane Grey.

Now that must feel surreal… 

That FBI agent is probably both envious and concerned.

This tweet made me feel old.

To be fair, we’ve all done this at some point. 

It IS an enticing challenge, though.

You nod and laugh as you read this tweet and ignore the little whisper in your head reminding you that YOU are the cousin.

Unexpectedly deep, but well said.

Hey, now there’s some new pick-up line material.

This boyfriend took “Disney plus and thrust” to a whole new level.

Disney+ providing an opportunity to let some opinions and sentiments be subtly known.

They’re probably the same people who order three appetizers and ask to split the check evenly.

Overdrafts are a thing, just saying.

*Props head up for the hundredth time and forces eyes open to watch Flynn Ryder escape from his cell and race towards Rapunzel.* 

You’re valid too, strange anti-Disney person.

Sources:

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Kruti Wani

U Vic '22

Computer Sci major doing writing and photography on the side
Carly Grabher is in her fifth year of Creative Writing at The University of Victoria with a minor in Gender Studies. She is the Campus Correspondent of the UVic chapter and has been a contributing writer and editor with Her Campus for four years. In addition to writing articles, Carly formerly danced and worked at Canada's National Ballet School, redesigned the website for The University of Victoria Faculty Association, and worked as the communications and events assistant with UVic's Co-operative Education Program and Career Services.