This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

When the weather’s not so pretty, it always feels good to give yourself some extra care. Get out of the winter blues by trying some of our favourite beauty products!

FRANK COFFEE SCRUB

“It smells like coffee and makes my face feel as smooth as a baby’s bottom. Greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
”

THE BODY SHOP ALL-IN-ONE FACE BASE

“Great for finishing touch after foundation but often can even replace it! Best thing is its ethical sourcing.” 

URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE

“It’s a little more on the expensive side but it’s basically the only eye shadow I use and I’ve had it for like three years. I still haven’t hit pan on any of the colours yet. It’s perfect for every occasion and good for just about any skin tone and skill level
.”

SPECTRO CLEANSERS AND MOISTURIZERS

“I have been using them for over 3 years now. They’re free of fragrance, dyes, sodium, sulphates, soap, parabens, and lanolin. Ever since I stopped buying products with sulphates (shampoo/conditioner, cleansers, moisturizers, body washes, etc.) I have seen a huge difference!

ST. IVE’S APRICOT SCRUB

“It smells good, clears blemishes away and stops breakouts. I always feel super refreshed after. By far my favourite face-wash of all.” 

PHILOSOPHY’S PURITY MADE SIMPLY FACE WASH

“It removes make up, and any dirt and oil. It also acts as a toner that leaves your skin feeling clean. You don’t even need to moisturize after using it.”

SHESEIDO PROTECTIVE MOISTERIZER WITH SPF 18

“This moisturizer is perfectly lightweight! Though it is on the pricey side, 1 to 2 pumps per day is enough for your face! I’ve had my 75 mL bottle for about 6 months now.”

LA ROCHE-POSAY PIGMENT SERUM

“I was told not to wear this during the day as it works to even complexion and get rid of dark spots so I use it as a night cream! It has a nice light scent to it too!
”

MAYBELLINE ROCKET VOLUME EXPRESS MASCARA

“It’s perfect for girls who already naturally have long lashes but want something to really make them look thicker.”

FREEMAN FACIALS

“Freeman’s facials are the best! My favourite is the Charcoal and Black sugar mask! Since it is an exfoliation mask it’s best not to use it more than once a week (especially if you have oily skin) because it can irritate it.”

Third year UVic business student. Lover of food, fashion, and photography.
Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Melissa Guenette currently studies business at the University of Victoria's Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. When she's not studying for midterms or finals, Melissa enjoys reading Harry Potter, being out in nature, and considers herself a connoisseur for all things dessert related. With her dry sense of humour and charismatic personality, she often leaves a room in stitches, a quality she considers beneficial while working on HerCampus' UVic Chapter. Follow her on Twitter @MelGuenette.