HC at UVic’s Professional Headshot Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

This past Friday, March 11, Her Campus at UVic hosted an event providing free professional headshots for students on campus. Professional photos are perfect for your LinkedIn accounts, Facebook profiles, or resumes. The event was located in the Michel Pujol room in the SUB, and offered unlimited digital copies and the first physical copy for free. We partnered with AIESEC, Toastmasters, Rotaract Club, and UVic’s Co-op and Career Services, who were all there to give advice for students heading into the professional world. Blink Print was a tremendous help: they printed out all of the physical copies. The Makeup Artistry Club also joined us, and participants got to sip on lemon water while they had their make-up touch-ups done before their photos.

We had about 125 participants, took over 600 photos, and printed out eighty physical copies! Check out some samples of the photos that were taken below. Thank you to all of the clubs who helped us create such a successful event, and the HC at UVic team and photographers for creating such great pictures!

Did you have your photo taken? If you missed out, let us know if we should host this event again next year! 

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison
Elizabeth is an undergraduate psychology student at the University of Victoria. She is a lover of the performing arts, the Avengers, comfort food, and tall tall shoes. Hailing from Ontario, Elizabeth looks forward to soaking up the West Coast sunshine, sipping Flat Whites, and getting to know the Greater Victoria community.