HC UVic’s Summer Playlist

From the beach, to the airplane, to that weekend road trip, music accompanies us everywhere we go. The right playlist can turn the daily commute into a karaoke party. It can add to the memories of those summer road trips and serve as the perfect backdrop for lazy summer days. Listen to what was on HC Uvic’s summer playlist this year!

1. 1. Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Is there a better pump up anthem?––we think not.

2. 2. Doin’ Time - Lana Del Rey

While this song came out in late summer, we still had plenty of time to listen to it while driving around with the windows down.

3. 3. Right Down the Line - Gerry Rafferty

An oldie but a goldie; this is a song both you and your parents can sing along to.

4. 4. Hand Me Downs - Arkells

Who doesn’t love the Arkells? The Canadian band gave us loads to put on our summer playlist with their 2019 Album Rally Cry.

5. 5. Make Me Feel - Janelle Monae

Ok, we guess this song might compete with Truth Hurts for best pump-up song. Let’s call it a tie.

6. 6. Barcelona - George Ezra

Just one of many songs by crooner Geroge Ezra that made it on our summer playlists.

7. 7. Chicken Fried - Darrius Ruckers

Maybe you don’t like country, but we dare you not to sing along to this BBQ classic.

8. 8. Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver

This song needs no introduction.

9. 9. Falling Water - Maggie Rogers

The whole album is great but I guess if we have to choose one, we’ll go with the title track.

10. 10. French Riviera - Cautious Clay

It's about taking chances and making do with what you've got, which is perfect for summer!

11. 11. Come down - Anderson Paak

From the movie Booksmart, this song has a funky beat that’s perfect for dancing or working out.

What was on your summer playlist? Let us know by commenting below!