This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Summer might seem like a long way away with all of your final papers and exams to write, but we’re already getting excited for it! Whether you’re taking the summer off, working, or enrolling in classes, there is always some time to fit in a few exciting adventures. Here is our team’s bucket list for the season to give you some inspiration!

1. Go ziplining on the island! You can check out some awesome courses at West Coast Wild and Adrenaline Zip.

2. Get a tan (but make sure you’re being careful!).

3. Go camping with either a big group of friends or just a few close ones (or both!).

4. Check out some music festivals. We’re really excited for Shambhala  and Pemberton.  

5. Get your first (or tenth) summer job!

6. For those going-on-nineteen-year-olds – first legal drink in Canada! For the going-on-twenty-one year olds – first legal drink in the States! And for everyone in between – a lot of fun parties.

7. Try skinny dipping! Bonus points if you find a beach that has bioluminescence.

8. Lots of hiking adventures! One of our favorites is the Goldstream Trestle.

9. Learn how to cook and become a master chef.

10. Complete the Grouse Grind in under 45 minutes (and maybe get a Beavertail at the top).

11. Have a summer fling. (You have to do it once, right?)

12. Go island hopping! We love Mayne and Salt Spring Island.

13. Go for a road trip! We’d love to go down the Oregon Coast, or up to Whistler!

14. Spend a day being a typical tourist in downtown Victoria.

15. Go swimming at the Sooke PotHoles.

What’s on your summer bucket list? Let us know!

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.