Fun Halloween Events To Do Around Victoria BC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Galey Farms

Looking to visit both a haunted house and a pumpkin patch this spooky season? Look no further than Galey Farms, home to three different attractions: the Festival of Fear, the Carnevil, and the Pumpkin Fest. 

While the Pumpkin Fest is only open on weekends from 10am to 4pm, it features a corn maze to get lost in, a crazy train that covers 1.8 km of the farm, a haunted house for those who prefer a smaller scare, and a hay ride to the pumpkin patch.

It’s the Festival of Fear and the Carnevil from October 20th-30th from 6-10pm where the scares really begin. 

The Festival of Fear includes the corn maze of horror, so be sure you don’t get lost, you might never make it out again! At this event, you also get to ride on the crazy train, and, if you desire, you can visit the a haunted house, which is meant for those who jump easily. The crazy train features animatronics, a graveyard, and other spooky fun surprises. 

For those who love to get scared, experience Victoria’s biggest haunted house, the Carnevil. A place so scary that there are three chicken exits for people who need it. Are you brave enough to make it through? Buy a ticket and find out!

Tickets are going fast, so buy them while you can! 

The Festival of Fear has tickets ranging from $13.75 – $21.82 while the Carnevil costs $15 and does not include the Festival of Fear. The Pumpkin Fest ranges from $13.75 – $21.82. The best part is it isn’t far! Galey Farms is located right here in Victoria.

Halloween-A-Go-Go

Want to have a few drinks along with a spooktacular show? Head to The Mint and watch Fatale Productions put on their Halloween-themed burlesque and drag show.

For one night only, Friday, October 28th, the doors open at 7 pm, but the real show starts at 8 pm. Hosted by J. McLaughlin, get ready to watch a performance set to get your heart racing and blood pumping, featuring Peaches and Screams, Romona Riot and Florence Fatale, among other performers. 

Enjoy a night of bumping and grinding with some of the spookiest surf and ghastliest go-go in Victoria. Signature cocktails will be abundant so it is a 19+ event. 

Don’t miss out on the chance to buy a table for 2 or a table for 4 to go with your friends. The tables are $35 a person and selling fast! It’ll be a night to remember.

Bad and Boo-jee Halloween

Feeling like a baddie this Halloween? Wanna get a good buzz while getting your groove thing on? Head to CRAFT Beer Market located in downtown Victoria for their Bad + Boo-jee Halloween Bash event! 

This spooktacular event also features a live DJ for all to enjoy. As for alcoholic drink specials there is a $5 Jack-O-Lemon shot feature for brave souls on a budget to buy. A $200 gift card prize will also be given out for the best costume of the night – so go all out! 

Make sure to get your tickets soon, as they are almost sold out! This event is happening on Saturday October 29th with the event opening at 8:00pm. Advance tickets are $10 +tax. 

Ticket includes entry only, as seating is available on a first come first serve basis. Tickets at the door are based on capacity, so even if this event sells out of tickets online, don’t let it get your spirits down! 

Haunted Mansion Mini Golf

Located on Yates Street in downtown Victoria, the Haunted Manor: Mini-Golf + Ping Pong Lounge is for anyone looking for an exciting activity to do with friends or their boo. This 15-hole mini-golf course takes you through a spooky Victorian manor with interactive surroundings that truly make for a ghostly experience. 

It’s seemingly plain store-front exterior is deceiving as a troll under a bridge, because once you walk through the front doors you are transported into a spooky manor house. The store’s slogan, “Not your average mini-golf” presents the immersive experience that takes you through a tale of mysteries surrounding the stories of the past remnants. There is also a fun photo-op section halfway through the course so make sure to get those ghoulish grins out and your best halloween outfit ready!

Also make sure to keep your third eye open and check out the VIP ping pong lounge section, as there are alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that can be purchased. 

Looking for something to lift your spirits? Look no further than their signature drink called the “ghost drops” shooter with Stoli blueberry vodka and Jones berry lemonade soda. There is also a collection of snacks such as pretzels and pizza that can be purchased on sight. Drinks can be purchased before and after playing the mini-golf but not during so drink up – if you dare!

The price of general admission is $24.95. 

Stranger Things at Upstairs Cabaret

Looking to get your heart rate up this Halloween? Look no further than the Stranger Things halloween event happening at Upstairs Cabaret on Saturday, October 29th. 

To ensure access to this event we recommend purchasing tickets ahead of time. Currently tickets are on sale for approximately $16.00 a person. Once your ticket is secured make sure to get to the event early and lineup – don’t underestimate the cold and feel free to bring a jacket. Upstairs has a coat check for $5 flat – taking cash or card.

Located in Bastion Square, this nightclub hotspot is hard to miss on a night out. Keep an eye out for smoke machines and sweaty teens and you’ll know you’re close. This event is going to be otherworldly, so come prepared for a night of hoots and howls. 

Doors open at 10:00 pm and the club is open till 2:00 am. 

Spirited Soiree

To all my ladies who want to mingle while enjoying delicious food and drinks, grab your favourite Halloween hat or spooky hair accessory and head to the Smiths Bar on October 27. 

This women-only event features boozy cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks, snacks, conversations, and features a special guest, Jane Dance, of Angel Wing Readings. Jane will be sharing her near death experience and how it led to her spiritual connection growing stronger. She will also be available to talk one-on-one with anyone who wants to explore their connection to the spiritual world. If you’re dressing up as an angel for Halloween, you’ll fit right in!

Local Victoria businesses will also have vendor booths with gifts for attendees, and a door prize available to win. 

Hosted by Wine, Women, and Well-being, this soiree is the perfect chance to connect with other women, gain connections, and have interesting conversations. All while wearing your favourite Halloween accessories! The doors open at 7 pm and tickets are on sale for $39.98. 

So ladies, get ready for a bone-breaking bender of a weekend. (Don’t actually break bones that’s no fun). This spooky season will be one to remember! Happy Halloween, all my gorgeous girlies!

Paige is one of two Campus Correspondents at the Her Campus at UVic chapter. Alongside her co-leader, she publishes content, manages the executive team, oversees retention and recruitment, hosts meetings, and writes content as well! She has been with Her Campus since September of 2022 as both a writer and editor before deciding to take on a larger role as Chapter Leader. She has published a piece with the campus newspaper before deciding that she preferred to edit and publish articles instead. She has done media for a non-profit as well as collabing with local newspapers to promote the festival that the non-profit ran. As a third-year writing major at UVic, Paige is minoring in journalism with a focus in creative nonfiction. She received a scholarship for a short story she wrote in 2020. She has also received various academic scholarships for her grades. She hopes to go into either publishing/editing or working for a newspaper/magazine somewhere in Europe one day, ideally in the world of Formula One. In her free time, Paige watches and keeps up with the Formula One world. She also enjoys reading a good book, bingeing one of her favourite TV shows such as Criminal Minds or Bones, and visiting bookstores.
Ashley Ciambrelli is the Senior Editor for the Her Campus Chapter at the University of Victoria. She is in charge of ensuring a high quality of professional writing for the writers that are on her team. She manages the editing team, ensuring they meet Her Campus standards and stay on schedule. Alongside overseeing the editing team, she also loves writing articles herself. Ashley is currently in her third year at the University of Victoria where she is majoring in writing and minoring in journalism and publishing. Ashley has been with Her Campus since the fall of 2022, where she began with writing articles. Later that year, her passion for writing led her to take on a more prominent role within the editing team. In her free time, Ashley enjoys making tea and watching any 2000s teen drama. She casually records vocals for local singers on the side, and is currently working on releasing some music of her own. She is a foster mom with the BC SPCA, and has a strong love for all fluffy creatures — especially bunnies. She loves DSLR photography and hopes to combine her passion for writing with visual media sometime in the future.