Four Fall Shows You NEED to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Fall is upon us, my friends! This new season brings not only pumpkins and all things spooky, but also new TV shows. Below are four must-watches that are sure to excite!

God Friended Me

God Friended Me follows podcast speaker Miles Finer (Brandon Micheal Hall), an atheist who lost his faith after his mother passed away due to cancer. So when Miles receives a friend request from God, you can understand why his life is subsequently turned around. Letting his curiosity get the best of him, Miles accepts God’s request, and begins to receive friend request suggestions from this mysterious figure. The start of Miles’ new journey leads him to Cara Bloom (Violett Beane), a journalist facing writer’s block. Together, they help fulfill God’s plan by reaching out to the other suggestions God sends. With the help of friends new and old, Miles begins to see life with a deeper meaning, all while embarking on a journey that will change his life forever.

Premiering September 30th on CBS

Legacies

The CW is back with yet another The Vampire Diaries spin-off! Legacies follows the story of 17-year-old tribrid Hope Mikaelson, daughter of werewolf Hayley Marshall and the first hybrid, Klaus Mikaelson. Set two years after the end of The Originals, Hope is sent to the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, where she learns to control all of her powers, including those from her witch, vampire, and werewolf sides. Like any normal teen series these days, in addition to the scandals and drama that plague her, Hope is faced with a greater evil that threatens the balance of not only her life, but the lives of those around her. Like both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, this new supernatural drama is not to be missed!

Premiering October 25th on The CW

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Netflix and The CW are back at it again, with another collaboration of mega proportions. This time, they bring the stories found within the comic Chilling Adventures of Sabrina to life. Titled the same, the tv show follows the journey of half-witch, half-human Sabrina Spellman (Kiernan Shipka) as she navigates her teenage years. With the impending arrival of her 16th birthday, Sabrina must decide if she should pursue a normal human life with her boyfriend, Harvey Kinkle (Ross Lynch), or become a fully fledged witch-in-training at the Academy of the Unseen Arts. Faced with everything from evil forces to vengeful spirits, Sabrina must learn to combat them all without letting her human friends know her true nature. Warning: not for the faint of heart!

Premiering October 26th on Netflix

Tell Me a Story

Set to premiere on Halloween, CBS brings us Tell Me a Story, a psychological thriller that plays on childhood fables. The star-studded cast includes Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City), Billy Magnussen (Into the Woods), Paul Wesley (The Vampire Diaries) and Danielle Campbell (The Originals), while introducing noteworthy actors such as Davi Santos (The Cure) and Dorian Missick (Luke Cage). Depicting multiple plotlines at once, the series bases the characters from the childhood stories The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and Hansel and Gretel while exploring love, loss, greed and revenge.

Premiering Oct. 31st on CBS All Access

Sources: 1/2/3/4

Hyva is Communications student at SFU.. When she is not writing or stressing about school, she can be found fangirling over anything Disney or Harry Potter, dreaming up her next vacation or trying out a new recipe.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison