Campus Cutie Wyllie Mednis

Meet Wyllie Mendis! This devoted athletic is an avid traveller and far beyond your typical jock. He’s quiet but don’t be afraid to say hi if you see him around campus!

Name: Wyllie Mednis

Year: First

Major: Business

Hometown: Quesnel, B.C

Activities: Intramural – Basketball, Soccer

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Do you have any special talents?

I play a lot of sports. I play the violin. I’m really good at awkward moments…

HC: If you could travel anywhere in world, and money was no issue where would you go and why?

I’d go to Rio right now for the world cup.

HC: What’s the best thing about UVIC?

The weather compared to Quensel.. thank you global warming.

HC: Are you a dog or a cat person?

Dog. Cats are just useless.

HC: What’s your best way to unwind?

So what would I do to relax? Netflix… and sleep. Nap times are huge.

HC: Craziest thing you’ve ever done at Vic?

There’s been a few parties (laughs). I don’t know if I want to get into full detail or anything..

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?

That’s a tough one.. Natalie Portman and Jessica Alba.. And Shakira too. Can’t forget Shakira.

HC: Favourite song to sing in the shower?

Snow by Red Hot Chili Peppers. And I kill it.

HC: What’s something that most people don’t know about you?

A big one is the fiddle. Not many people think I’m musical at all. I usually know a lot of

people through sports so that’s a different side of me. I travel. I lived in Spain for 10 and a half months.

HC: At a restaurant, what do you most likely order to drink?

Water usually because I’m a university student. Or beer.

HC: Something you want to do before graduating?

I already did Karaoke, so that’s off the bucket list. I want to have a huge trip to California. Camp on the beaches.

HC: Favourite movie of all time?

From my childhood, the Sound of Music.

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.