Campus Cutie: Orissa Meyrink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Orissa has a personality that illuminates the ground she walks on. She is a member of the Residence Life community and can almost always be found on campus. She is a supporter, mentor, and will make you blossom almost as much as her floral shirts. Make sure you say hi to this week’s Campus Cutie!

YEAR: 4th

MAJOR: Women/Gender Studies

HOMETOWN: East Vancouver, BC

ACTIVITIES: Read a lot in the summer and a frequent napper during the year

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

HC: What is your favourite bread product?

Poppy seed Bagels.

HC: If grass had to be a colour other than green, what should it be?

A nice blue.

HC: If you had to choose a major different than your own, what would you pick?

Math jk. Probably writing. I originally came into UVic for writing. I took a women’s studies class as an elective and stuck with it.

HC: If you could wake up with any mundane ability, what would it be?

Perfect winged eyeliner every morning.

HC: What extra curricular would you encourage other students to do?

This question is really difficult, but become a CL. You are part of this huge community. In high school people were weird if they were super enthusiastic. But [in ResLife] everyone is super enthusiastic.  It’s nice to find your niche and I found it here. Also you get so many likes on every Facebook photo like automatically.

HC: What is your advice for someone who thinks university isn’t for them?

Take a year off. Don’t make yourself do something you don’t want to do.

HC: Name your favourite item of furniture.

A window seat.

HC: What is your favourite kind of pie?

My grandma makes this Dutch apple pie and it is definitely one of the top 5 best things I’ve ever put in my mouth.

HC: At a restaurant what do you normally order to drink?

Apple juice to be honest. But they always give me a kiddie cup…                                                                                                                                                                    

HC: What is your favourite piece of jewelry?

Rings.

HC: If you could only shop at one clothing store for the rest of your life where would you shop?

I get all of my pants from Old Navy, so I don’t want to compromise getting my pants from somewhere else. Alright, Old Navy, they have sweaters, shirts. Everything I need.

HC: What was your dream job as a child?

I wanted to be the person that made food look nice before they [took] photos. Food stylist.

HC: Name one thing you want people to know about you.

I have active b*tch face. I am somewhat friendly…sort of (laughs)

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Elizabeth is an undergraduate psychology student at the University of Victoria. She is a lover of the performing arts, the Avengers, comfort food, and tall tall shoes. Hailing from Ontario, Elizabeth looks forward to soaking up the West Coast sunshine, sipping Flat Whites, and getting to know the Greater Victoria community.