Campus Cutie: Orissa Meyrink

Orissa has a personality that illuminates the ground she walks on. She is a member of the Residence Life community and can almost always be found on campus. She is a supporter, mentor, and will make you blossom almost as much as her floral shirts. Make sure you say hi to this week’s Campus Cutie!

YEAR: 4th

MAJOR: Women/Gender Studies

HOMETOWN: East Vancouver, BC

ACTIVITIES: Read a lot in the summer and a frequent napper during the year

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

HC: What is your favourite bread product?

Poppy seed Bagels.

HC: If grass had to be a colour other than green, what should it be?

A nice blue.

HC: If you had to choose a major different than your own, what would you pick?

Math jk. Probably writing. I originally came into UVic for writing. I took a women’s studies class as an elective and stuck with it.

HC: If you could wake up with any mundane ability, what would it be?

Perfect winged eyeliner every morning.

HC: What extra curricular would you encourage other students to do?

This question is really difficult, but become a CL. You are part of this huge community. In high school people were weird if they were super enthusiastic. But [in ResLife] everyone is super enthusiastic.  It’s nice to find your niche and I found it here. Also you get so many likes on every Facebook photo like automatically.

HC: What is your advice for someone who thinks university isn’t for them?

Take a year off. Don’t make yourself do something you don’t want to do.

HC: Name your favourite item of furniture.

A window seat.

HC: What is your favourite kind of pie?

My grandma makes this Dutch apple pie and it is definitely one of the top 5 best things I’ve ever put in my mouth.

HC: At a restaurant what do you normally order to drink?

Apple juice to be honest. But they always give me a kiddie cup…                                                                                                                                                                    

HC: What is your favourite piece of jewelry?

Rings.

HC: If you could only shop at one clothing store for the rest of your life where would you shop?

I get all of my pants from Old Navy, so I don’t want to compromise getting my pants from somewhere else. Alright, Old Navy, they have sweaters, shirts. Everything I need.

HC: What was your dream job as a child?

I wanted to be the person that made food look nice before they [took] photos. Food stylist.

HC: Name one thing you want people to know about you.

I have active b*tch face. I am somewhat friendly…sort of (laughs)