Campus Cutie: Maddy Atamanchuk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Today, I present to you Maddy Atamanchuk! Maddy is a bubbly, friendly young lady who once said she would like to be famous for becoming a Bond Girl at age 75. Honestly, you can’t get much better than that.

YEAR 1st

MAJOR Writing

HOMETOWN Kelowna, BC

ACTIVITIES: Reading, hanging out with friends, movies, and long walks on the beach

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

If you were a crayon, what colour would you be and why?

Sunset Peach, it gives a nice [impression] of the person I am.

Do you have any special talents?

I have a really good Robert De Niro face, and I can do a pretty good Christopher Walken impression, or at least the cowbell one.

Use one word to describe your laugh.

Hiccup.

Favourite emoji and why?

The smiley emoji with the hands! Like Jazz hands! I feel like it represents me at like a soulful level.

Candy or chocolate? Why?

Candy, because it’s fruity and it’s sour and it’s better than sweet.

Are you a dog or a cat person?

Indecisive; I don’t have an answer to that! I love dogs, but I feel like they are too active for me. I’ve never had a cat, but I feel like we’d get along.

Celebrity crush?

Paul Rudd. I have a crush on him like one would have a crush on a friend’s dad. I’d never want to date him, but I have the biggest crush on him and his dance moves.

If they were to make a movie of your life, what celebrity would play you?

Mamma Mia version of Meryl Streep.

What is something you are really bad at?

Aim. I have terrible aim. I was at a barbeque and we were eating watermelon, and we were told we could just throw the watermelon into the yard somewhere. So I went to flick it, and I hit a girl across the yard in the head! They blamed it on the guy beside me, too! And this summer, multiple times, when I played frisbee I kept hitting people in the head.

Who’s your biggest influence?

My mom. I admire her so much; I want to be like her when I grow up. She’s a cool lady.

Dream job as a child?

When I was in Kindergarten, I wanted to be a grocery store cashier. I did actually work at a grocery store; it wasn’t great (laughs).

If you HAD to change your name to one of what you consider to be the opposite gender what would you change it to?

Oscar.

If you had to give one piece of advice to a large group of people what would you say?

Being weird is fun; if you get a few sideways glances, that’s hilarious. Don’t be too weird, though; be fun weird! 

Leah Smith

U Vic '20

Coming from Edmonton, AB, Leah is a writing student in the Fine Arts Department at the University of Victoria. She enjoys all things story related including but not limited to TV, movies, and books. She is a die-hard fan of Peaky Blinders, Mr. Robot, and Jane the Virgin. She loves desserts and when she has time enjoys baking and hanging out with her family and friends. She is easy-going and with an avid love for music and hopes to be a screenwriter.
Elizabeth is an undergraduate psychology student at the University of Victoria. She is a lover of the performing arts, the Avengers, comfort food, and tall tall shoes. Hailing from Ontario, Elizabeth looks forward to soaking up the West Coast sunshine, sipping Flat Whites, and getting to know the Greater Victoria community.