This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Meet our FIRST Campus Cutie, Kevin Ram. This third year biology student embraces the UVic culture. Fully involved in his community and a Titanic lover, he is the embodiment of a Campus Cutie.

Name: Kevin Ram

Year of Study: Third

Major: Biology

Hometown: Vancouver, B.C.

Relationship Status: Single

Activities: Plays soccer intermural, Vike Leadership, Vikes Ambassador, avid spinner and enjoys kickboxing on weekends.

HC: If you were a crayon, what colour would you be and why?

Green. I’m not sure why … but green is my favourite colour. I just tend to think of a fresh-cut-grass kind of feeling. It just kind of is a new spin on something old.

HC: What would your name be if you were a superhero?

Captain Kickass. Can you censor that out, or is it cool?

HC: Who is your favourite villain?

Ursula [from The Little Mermaid]. She is so badass and evil. She just encaptures everything a villain should be, what a villain is. She definitely has a skill in being a villain.

HC: Movies in the theatre or at home? Why?

I would have to go movies in the theatre. I worked in a theatre for eight years; I managed one. There is just something about being in a theatre and the environment and everybody just hyping up to be the first ones to see a new film and just that intense feeling. The sound and the smell of the popcorn … It creates an experience, I think, and I love that experience about going to a theatre and seeing a movie with a bunch of random strangers.

HC: Your favourite spread and why?

I think it’s a cross between cream cheese and hummus.

HC: But not together, right?

No, no not together … I don’t like something plain; I like something different. Even if it’s cream cheese or hummus, it can’t just be normal cream cheese and normal hummus; it has to be, like, flavoured [or] interesting.

HC: Toques or Snapbacks? Why?

Toques. I’m a toque person. I love beanies — I wear them all the time. I was gonna wear one today, but I was told I was going to have my picture taken, so I had to look a little presentable. I guess it’s kind of weird to wear toques in the summer time. I just like the way it fits and feels on my head, and you can just throw it on, on a bad/creepy hair day. Ya know, just shove it all in the toque. Toques for sure.

HC: Use one word to describe your laugh.

Uh, that’s an odd one. What’s the word for like … not contagious … I don’t think there’s a word for that … I can laugh and laugh at the most ridiculous thing, but everyone will just give me weird looks. I sweat from laughter sometimes, from laughing too hard. Sweaty! If I could give one word, it would be sweaty.

HC: Favourite song to sing in the shower?

This is embarrassing. Right now, to be completely honest, I’d have to say it’s “Timber” by Ke$ha and Pitbull.

HC: If Netflix had a counter for how many minutes you spend on a show, what would be your number one most watched?

Orange is the New Black. For sure. My idols are Crazy Eyes and Taystee.

HC: Do you have a special talent?

When I cook, I always just throw weird things into a pot, and it always turns out okay. I think the worst thing I ever made was this cream of mushroom with chickpeas and leftover turkey sausage, and it was gross looking, but it tasted pretty good. So if that counts as a special talent… 

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Melissa Guenette currently studies business at the University of Victoria's Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. When she's not studying for midterms or finals, Melissa enjoys reading Harry Potter, being out in nature, and considers herself a connoisseur for all things dessert related. With her dry sense of humour and charismatic personality, she often leaves a room in stitches, a quality she considers beneficial while working on HerCampus' UVic Chapter. Follow her on Twitter @MelGuenette.