This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Alumni Week at UVic is the first week of February. The purpose of this week is to celebrate the impacts and accomplishments of graduates. They are putting on fifteen events this year, and there are several that are aimed at current UVic students (and most of them are free)! Here is a guide to everything that’s happening this week!

Monday February 1st

Dining Etiquette Workshop

• Learning the ropes on how to eat a four-course meal, in a slightly more professional manner. Register online here!  The event takes place at the University Club and starts at 5:30pm. Terry Cockerline is a trained facilitator in business dining etiquette and always makes the night entertaining and informative.

Tuesday February 2nd

Distinguished Alumni Awards Night

• See our honored alumni at a beautiful venue. It’s great motivation to hopefully become a distinguished alumna one day yourself! It’s at the Royal BC Museum downtown and starts at 7pm. You can register online here.

Wednesday February 3rd

PRAXIS: Studio/Classroom: Legacy Art from UVic

• Come to the Legacy Art Gallery downtown to see current work by art educators at UVic. It starts on February 3rd and goes until February 7th.  It’s free! And if you’re in the downtown area, it’s a gorgeous walk to see what the UVic arts department has to offer.

Thursday February 4th

Speed Networking

• A drop in event that teaches skills on how to network. There is an opportunity to practice and network with alumni in your area of study! It’s from 5pm-8pm in Vertigo, in the SUB.

Friday February 5th

Introverts’ Night Out!

• Chancellor Shelagh Rogers speaks with a psychologist from the University of Cambridge, Brain Little. His humour and wit make for a wonderful talk, and he teaches you how to get yourself out there. The event is at the First Metropolitan United Church, and begins at 7pm. Make sure you register here.

Find out more information on any of these events or the other ten events being put on this week, click here.

And if you want to get more involved with the Alumni Association, as you will be an alumna one day yourself, check out the UVic Alumni webpage.

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.