The 87th Oscar’s Best Red Carpet Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Here are the best outifts on the red carpet of the 87th Oscars:

LUPITA NYONG’O

Lupita Nyong’o has outdone herself on the red carpet yet again! The fashion icon wore a beautiful custom Calvin Klein dress that had me seriously jealous. Beaded by hand, this gown was adorned with pearls making it worth $150k. Clearly I wasn’t the only one with serious dress envy because shortly after the event, Lupita’s dress was reported stolen- although it may have just been recovered! Cue a million “fashion police” jokes once we get more news.

ROSAMUND PIKE

Rosamund Pike showed us all how much of a killer she could be in her role of Amy Dunne in the book-turned-movie “Gone Girl”. She certainly reminded everyone of this at the Oscar’s this year when she absolutely killed it on the red carpet! Not to be outshone by her character, Rosamund glowed in this blood red Givenchy gown. Amazing Amy would definitely approve.

EMMA STONE

If anyone can pull off chartreuse, it’s Emma Stone. Emma has never been shy when it comes to taking fashion risks and this one certainly paid off – the Ellie Saab dress and matching shoes had everyone else looking green on the carpet. With the perfect amount of beading and sheer spots, it’s no wonder that the Birdman actress has been making it on everyone’s best dressed list.

CHRISSY TEIGEN

Someone needs to give Chrissy Teigen an award for nailing every single red carpet event this season. Although she hasn’t gotten into the film industry yet, the model fit in perfectly amongst all the glitter and glamour. Chrissy managed to pull off the deep-v, the beading, and the side slit trends without looking over the top. I am already impatient to see what she’ll be wearing next year!

NAOMI WATTS

Metallics are making a major comeback and no one proves this better than Naomi Watts. The simple cut of the Armani Privé dress tones down the intricate silver and black tassels and shows just enough skin. Paired perfectly with simple make up and hair, Naomi makes wearing a shiny fringe dress look completely natural. 

SourceSourceSourceSourceSource

Third year UVic business student. Lover of food, fashion, and photography.
Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Melissa Guenette currently studies business at the University of Victoria's Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. When she's not studying for midterms or finals, Melissa enjoys reading Harry Potter, being out in nature, and considers herself a connoisseur for all things dessert related. With her dry sense of humour and charismatic personality, she often leaves a room in stitches, a quality she considers beneficial while working on HerCampus' UVic Chapter. Follow her on Twitter @MelGuenette.