6 Niche Spotify Playlists For a Unique Listening Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

If you’re like me, Spotify has been one of the only things keeping you together during this busy paper season. If you’re a little tired of the same top hits, here are some fun suggestions to switch up your listening habits.

Indiannaaaa – time to cause a lil bit of chaos

This playlist has tons of nostalgic songs from 2016, with old albums from Melanie Martinez, Halsey, and Panic! At The Disco making an appearance. If you miss the music era when “Heathens” by Twenty One Pilots was on every radio station, this playlist is for you.

Vradin – worst songs to have sex to

While I have never used this playlist for its… ahem… intended purpose, this playlist is truly the Russian roulette of Spotify. If you want the Reading Rainbow theme song one minute and “Dancing Queen” the next, this is for you.

Holland Frieling – bad bitches for biden

While the majority of the songs on this playlist were popular before the 2021 United States election, it has been updated in the past few days. If you like “Fergalicious”, you will likely also enjoy the music curation here.

Henrietta Mcclelland – kinda sad but vibey

This is probably my favourite playlist in this article. The genre mix in this playlist can be a little erratic, but the balance between nostalgic past hits and current favourites is spot on. 

(A little author’s note: how is “Superbass” by Nikki Minaj sad but vibey?)

Emmahath – ROAD work aHEAD

This is a pretty great road trip soundtrack with a nice variety of genres. I have found some new favourites here, and hopefully you will too!

Kyle – I’m gonna take my horse

It’s literally “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X for 17 hours.

Happy listening!

Savannah is currently in her fourth year at UVic majoring in English and Business! When not swamped with readings, she can be found exploring downtown, drinking way too many pumpkin spice cold brews, reading, and enjoying the experiences UVic has to offer.
Emma is a second-year graduate student at the University of Victoria. She's a pop-culture-obsessed filmmaker and aspiring video game designer. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or burning her eyes from staring at a screenplay that just isn't working, she's probably at home playing video games, watching movies (it's technically homework, she's studying them) or mindlessly scrolling through her TikTok feed.