This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

I love Christmas – it’s my favorite holiday – but unfortunately it’s also the busiest holiday. If you’re anything like me, you’ve spent plenty of time scrolling through craft ideas on Instagram and Pinterest, but lack the skills or motivation to invest in materials and try them out. So, for you I have compiled a list! All of these crafts are quick, easy, and can be done in a dorm room! Go forth and succeed at decorating without really trying!

1. Swirly Snowflakes

Take a break from the flimsy flakes you learned to make in elementary school and make your snowflakes 3D. Just because it doesn’t snow in Victoria doesn’t mean you can’t have a white Christmas! Bonus points for using recycled paper! 

2. Felt Firs

These simple yet elegant little felt trees are easy to make and give off a cozy Scandinavian vibe. You can hang them around your room individually, or attach several to a string to make a garland! 

3. Pom Poms!

Pom poms occupy a special happy place in my heart, and these little ornaments are cute af. They do require a bit of effort, but for such cheery baubles, it will be well worth it. 

4. Christmassy Cutouts

Thank god for templates. These decorations are incredibly easy to make and can be hung individually or together on a string to make a garland. http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/paper-christmas-decorations.html

5. Candy Cane Christmas

Sweeten up the holidays by hanging peppermints and candy canes – or just eat the candy; you deserve it!

Happy crafting!

Sources: 1/2

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison