5 Perfect Saint Patrick’s Day Outifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is coming up on Tuesday and you might still be trying to figure out what to wear and be feeling a little pressed for time. Sometimes finding nice outfits that will keep you from getting pinched and don’t look over the top can be a little hard, so here are a few ideas- no matter what your plans are!

Black Sequin Pants ($29.99), Lace Cami Top  ($29.95), Caged Platform Heels ($20.49), Velvet Clutch ($19), Eye Shimmer Makeup ($9.95), Nude Beige Lipstick ($44), Shimmer Nail Polish ($19)

Here’s an outfit that will get you in the holiday spirit and still keep you looking chic. While the sequins add a bit of flare, the black keeps it toned down and sexy. Keep your lips nude to avoid too big of a contrast between the green tank. A smoky eye shadow will complete your night out look!

Jolie Moi Bell Dress ($46), Flower Print Heels ($47), Floral Clutch ($63), Rouge Pur Lipstick($44), Lux Lashes($27) 

If you’re not interested in going to a club but still want to celebrate, here’s an elegant green look perfect for a dinner party or date. This green dress from House of Fraser will be flattering on any figure, and the floral accessories make it more fun and casual. Try a neutral eye with long lashes and a bright lipstick to keep your makeup fresh, elegant, and flirty.

Jersey Top ($13), Black Leggings ($23), Mint Keds ($57), Leather Satchel ($38), Gold Necklace ($15), Green Bow ($13), Eye Shadow Palette  ($9), Nail Polish ($15)

This casual, sea foam look is great for a daytime activity or casual night out. If you’re hanging out with your friends or just want to be more comfortable for whatever you’re up to, a loose green top and black leggings will work perfectly. If you want to get more into the St. Patty’s spirit, add some green accessories like a hair bow or sneakers. A natural makeup look would go best with this casual outfit, and a bigger bag will be helpful if you’re running errands or shopping with friends. 

Lace Shirt ($48), Maxi Skirt ($54), Gold Sandals ($23), Gold Frame Clutch ($30), Heart Earrings ($61), Giddy Pink Blush ($25), Liquid Matte Lipstick ($13), HighBeam Highlighter ($37)

This outfit is perfect if you’re looking to dress up a little more for a daytime excursion. With spring coming up, maxi skirts are coming back, and this blowy, mint green piece is great for the warmer weather. Pair it with a white lace tank and you’ll look both casual and dressed up. Keep your makeup light and blushing with this look, and don’t forget a highlighter to make your cheekbones pop and your whole face glow. Light gold accessories add some shine to your look while not going over the top. Keep all of your accessories light, because a dark colour will off-balance the pale clothes. 

Oversized Sweater ($24), Sweatpants ($44), Faux Fur Lined Slipper ($25) 

If you don’t have plans for St. Patrick’s Day, or have plans to not make plans, here’s a super cozy outfit that will keep you from getting pinched by your friends when they come over for a movie night. Try some cute Irish-based movies like Amy Adam’s Leap Year, or the adorable animation The Secret of Kells. This outfit is cute enough that if you wanted to run out for a celebratory box of Lucky Charms you’d still be warm and comfy.

All of these looks will be great for St. Patrick’s Day without going over the top. You can include some green into your outfit and still look both chic and festive!

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.