burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

5 Pairs of Jeans to FALL in Love with

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Nothing says fall style more than a crisp new pair of jeans — but sometimes finding a pair of jeans that fit you in all the right places and fit your budget can be a struggle. Luckily, HerCampus UVic has got your back! We’ve compiled a list of our favourite budget-friendly jeans to help you fall in love with denim all over again.

American Eagle 

A go-to for many members of the HerCampus UVic team: American Eagle offers up an expansive selection of jeans that begin at a reasonable price of 49.95 CAD. Not only that but with their variety of sizes and styles you’re sure to find a pair that will work for you.

Uniqlo

While Uniqlo has just recently made its way to Canada, the Japanese clothing brand has been producing wardrobe staples since 1949. 

“I recently acquired a pair of their high-rise wide cropped jeans and I am in love. They are probably the most comfortable pair of jeans I’ve ever owned… I even wore them on a 10 hour flight!”

-Kate (HC member)

Topshop

We love Topshop, so we weren’t surprised when one of our members told us that Topshop’s Jamie jeans were her favourite — a perfect high-waisted skinny that will fulfill your daily denim needs.

Levi’s

Yet another staple for many of the HC team. Levi’s just has so many options from skinny to flare, high rise to low rise, and let’s not forget the ever-trendy wedgie or “mom” jean so many people have been sporting lately.

Gap

While in Crazy Stupid Love Ryan Renolds famously said “be better than the Gap,” we have to disagree. Why reinvent the wheel when you’re looking for something as classic as a pair of jeans? GAP delivers not only with their classic styles but, as one of our members said, “they are the perfect short girl length.”  How can you be better than perfection?

Have a favourite pair of jeans you want us to know about? Send us a message or comment down below!

Kate is a linguistics major at the University of Victoria. Although she is only 22 years old, Kate is truly a granny at heart. She could not imagine a world in which sweaters, dogs, coffee, and brunch did not exist. In her spare time Kate likes to create inspirational quotes to live by. Her quote of the moment is "Life is a party and I have the streamers!"
Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.