This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Stores have been setting out their Christmas decorations for over a month now. Jingle bells are ringing in the wind. Christmas lists are being shared over the interwebs. It’s that time of year, folks—the most absolutely, positively, wonderful time of the year! It’s Christmas!

And with the holiday season already upon us that means wrapping and shopping and decorating and soul crushing exams. And what better soundtrack for the upcoming holidays and educational destruction than the holliest and jolliest of musics? Below are five Christmas albums that everyone should be listening to at this time of year:

1. Michael Bublé’s Christmas

An instant Christmas classic, filled with delightful pop and smooth jazz renditions of Christmas classics like “White Christmas,” “Silent Night,” and “Santa Baby” (Santa buddy…). This album evokes a calm, happy Christmas feeling, perfect for the holidays.

2. Michael Bublé’s Christmas

Another instant classic, this album is one you’ll want playing as you wrap your Christmas gifts. Reimaginings of classic Christmas carols like “Jingle Bells” and “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” will have you humming for days!

3. Michael Bublé’s Christmas

While this is the one you probably hear on the radio the most, it’s still an incredible, fun album, worthy of its spot as #1 on almost every Christmas music channel!

4. Michael Bublé’s Christmas

Featuring team-ups with the likes of Shania Twain, this Christmas album has something for everyone! Fun, classic Christmas spirit, slow, melancholy songs, and everything inbetween! Truly, a masterpiece.

5. Michael Bublé’s Christmas

The myth! The legend! It’s everybody’s favourite Christmas album! It’s… Michael Bublé’s Christmas! Soon Bublé will make his way out of his 11 month hibernation for this revered album, finally signaling that the Christmas season has truly arrived.

And there you guys go. Some of the best, most diverse collections of Christmas music for this holiday season. It’s a lot of different songs, I know, but they’re all definitely worth a listen.

Sources: 1

Ria Boldt

U Vic '20

Ria is a slightly confused fourth year at the University of Victoria, with a major in tea drinking and a minor in freelance superhero-ing. When not busy she can usually be found reading, eating, or re-watching all of the Star Wars movies.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison