jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

25 Excellent (Slightly Dorky) Pick-Up Lines for All Occasions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Well, Valentine’s day has come and gone, and everyone’s excuse to be romantic has dissipated, like the smoke from the candles we’ve been lighting.

But that doesn’t mean the excuse to use pick-up lines is gone. Everyday is a good day to use a well-timed (sometimes a bit dorky) pick-up line. And here’s 25 (mostly dorky ones) to get you started:

1. Do you go swimming a lot? Because you’re otter-ly cute.

2. This might be cheesy, but you’re grate.

3. Are you a beaver? ‘Cause dam.

4. You know, your outfit isn’t the only thing that’s boyfriend/girlfriend material!

5. On a scale of one to ten, you’re a twelve.

6. You’re the apple of my eye.

7. Do you have a bandage? ‘Cause I hurt my knee falling for you.

8. Are you a parking ticket? ‘Cause you got fine written all over you.

9. Did you fall from heaven, ‘cause you look like you’re hurting, angel.

10. Call off the amber alert, ‘cause you’re the one I’ve been looking for.

11. Are you made of Copper and Tellurium? ‘Cause you are Cu-Te!

12. I wish I were Adenine, because then I could get paired with U.

13. Not even Snape could Severus apart.

14. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but you stole my heart in a second.

15. Were you forged by Sauron? ‘Cause you’re precious.

16. You must be the speed of light, because time stops when I look at you.

17. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you – A.A. Milne

18. Mind if I call you Google? Because you’ve got everything I’m searching for.

19. I think the electricity between us is short-circuiting the lights.

20. Hey, what’s your sine? It must be pi/2 because you’re the 1.

21. In math terms, my feelings for you are like 2 to the x: exponentially growing.

22. Hey can you pinch me? ‘Cause I’ve been trying to wake up from this dream, but you’re still here.

23. Hey, I’m a little cold. Wanna share some body heat?

24. Science suggests that the Universe is growing like a brain. That means there’s galaxies in your eyes.

25. You’re like a photon from the sun – a packet of pure, shining light

Ria Boldt

U Vic '20

Ria is a slightly confused fourth year at the University of Victoria, with a major in tea drinking and a minor in freelance superhero-ing. When not busy she can usually be found reading, eating, or re-watching all of the Star Wars movies.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison