22 Thoughts UVic Students Have When Returning to School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Getting back into a rhythm while suffering from post-holiday blues and back to school sorrows can be a heavy task. Between rearranging schedules, looking for new clubs, or committing to beating procrastination, the to-do list seems never ending. The start of a new semester along with the first few days back in class can be tough. Thankfully, you’re not alone! We understand.

1. “Midterms are in two weeks already?”

2. “How am I already two chapters behind…and it’s only the second day of classes?”

3. “Why did September me think I would be able to manage an 8:30 class?”

4. “So… this is going to be my WORST weekday.”

5. “I’m going to try harder this semester!”

6. “Two days in: “I’ll try harder next semester.”

7. “Okay, but do I NEED this textbook?”

8. “I actually missed seeing all these deer on the daily.”

9. “I already miss my Mom’s food.”

10. “The bookstore line-up is way too long.”

11. “The weeks are only going to get harder.”

12. “Maybe I should go to CARSA.”

13. “Time to find a new lecture crush.”

14. “I have to get up at what time?”

15. “Maybe I should just take four classes. What’s an extra semester after four years anyways?”

16. “YAY, I have friends in this lecture!”

17. “I’ll definitely do all the readings.”

18. “And take really good notes.”

19. “Is it too early to start stress eating?”

20. “I’m tired just thinking about all the stuff I need to do.”

21. “What else can I do to make this semester as easy as I possibly can?”

But despite all the mayhem, don’t forget to take a break!

Samantha Henry is a Feature Writer for HCUCF and is a junior double majoring in Journalism and Creative Writing. As a music festival enthusiast, she loves to write about music and how it influences our generation.
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.