15 Annoying Things Only UVic Students Would Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

I think most of us can agree that UVic is a pretty amazing place to go to school. But sometimes, maybe after pulling an all nighter or flunking a midterm, some things can get pretty annoying.

1.     Having a midterm scheduled during puppy playtime.

2.     Crazy long lines at Biblio and Mystic Market.

3.     Dodging bikes while you’re walking and pedestrians while you’re biking.

4.     Walking up the hill from Cadboro Bay.

5.     Being less than an inch away from a bird on a daily basis.

6.     Deciding when to cross ring road during rush hour.

7.     Or when you stop for the cars to go and someone from behind you crosses.

8.     Waiting for the buses because it’s never on time.

9.     Having the ground covered in worms.

10. When you’re in a rush passing the quad and someone tries to get you to donate/listen to their spiel.

11. When all you want to do is study on the second floor library but there are no outlets.

12. Having to dodge gold carts, CSEC trucks and other random vehicles while walking on campus.

13.  Having to sit with random strangers because there are never enough seats at Biblio or Mystic Market.

14.  Having to walk past delicious bake sales in Clearihue.

15. Having class in Cornett. Period.

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison
Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Melissa Guenette currently studies business at the University of Victoria's Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. When she's not studying for midterms or finals, Melissa enjoys reading Harry Potter, being out in nature, and considers herself a connoisseur for all things dessert related. With her dry sense of humour and charismatic personality, she often leaves a room in stitches, a quality she considers beneficial while working on HerCampus' UVic Chapter. Follow her on Twitter @MelGuenette.