This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

The holidays are just around the corner, which means it’s the final countdown until that wonderful, magical, Christmas day. What’s the best way to count down until Christmas? Advent calendars! Here are HC UVic’s top picks for fun 2019 Advent calendars!

DAVIDsTEA 24 Days of Tea

What’s better than holiday and Christmas themed tea? An entire calendar of holiday and Christmas themed tea. DAVIDsTEA is bringing back their magical 24 Days of Tea Advent calendar again this year, and it promises to be just as wonderful as the rest of their selection. This calendar boasts fan favourite teas, holiday teas, and exclusive new teas we haven’t seen yet! And it has 24 teas in total, which means 24 days of delightful teas!

The Naked Marshmallow Advent Calendar

What’s better than marshmallows? Gourmet marshmallows! The Naked Marshmallow boasts delightful, handcrafted marshmallows in fun flavours like s’mores, gingerbread, and salted caramel! And with their 2019 Advent calendar, you can enjoy all of these flavours and more as you count down the days until Christmas!

L’Occitane Advent Calendar

If you’re searching for both gifts and tips, you should definitely try out L’Occitane’s beauty Advent calendar! There are 24 doors in total, and inside each door you’ll find little surprises like hand creams, shower oils, and more! And each door also contains sustainability tips so we can all work to help our planet have a merry Christmas too!

Sugarfina Advent Calendar

For a sweeter Christmas, check out the Sugarfina Advent calendar! Not only is the packaging absolutely adorable, but inside you’ll find 24 drawers filled with candy! Sweet treats like caramels and gummies and cookies are all tucked away inside this merry little Christmas calendar!

Nyx Love Lust Disco Greatest Hits Lip Advent Calendar

If you’re hoping your Christmas countdown will be as rocking as your Spotify playlist, look no further than Nyx’s lip Advent calendar! This calendar is jam-packed with 24 different lipsticks and glosses that will surely make each December day another chart-topper!

Saje 12 Nights of Wellness

For those of us that want a good sleep leading up to Christmas day, say hello to the Saje 12 of Wellness Advent calendar! This calendar includes 12 products to help you relax and sleep better after your busy holiday days. Some of the delightful gifts included in this calendar are a miniature diffuser, essential oil blends and body butter to help you relax as dreams of sugar plums dance in your head.

Vegan 24 Days of Candy

Want to indulge in some holiday candies during the Christmas countdown? Vegan? Then look no further than Squish’s Vegan 24 Days of Candy Advent calendar! 24 days means 24 different vegan candies to try and love!

Yawn Coffee Advent Calendar

For all of the coffee lovers out there, say hello to the Yawn Coffee Advent Calendar! Included in this delightful little box are 24 sachets of gourmet coffee, each enough for one cup, so you can get your caffeine fix and get energized for the busy holidays ahead.

24 Days of teapigs

If one tea Advent calendar wasn’t enough for you, then what about two? Prepare for a perfect tea time every day this December with the adorable 24 Days of teapigs tea Advent calendar! This calendar contains caffeinated and herbal teas, so there’s something new to try every day, and something perfect for every one of your Christmas nights!

Marvel Pop! Advent Calendar

Hello, calling all nerds out there! Have you ever wanted to spend your holidays with your favourite comic characters? Ever wanted to set a tiny Captain America next to your nativity scene or put an Iron Man in your Christmas tree? Well, now you can with Funko’s Marvel Pop! Advent Calendar! 24 teeny heroes and villains are hidden away in this adorable calendar, so you can decorate for the holiday season with all your favourite characters.

And, if Marvel superheroes aren’t your style, but you still love the tiny figures, Funko also sells a Harry Potter Advent calendar!

The Body Shop Advent calendar

If a beauty calendar is what you’re looking for, look no further than this adorable Advent calendar by The Body Shop! For 24 days, indulge yourself in some of The Body Shop’s loveliest items, including body lotions, shower gels, shampoos and limited edition creams!

Make your own!

If store-bought Advent calendars aren’t your style and you want something a little bit more personalized, try making your own! Fillable Advent calendars are available from a number of retailers, including Etsy and Pier 1 Imports. Or, if you’re feeling crafty,  make your own from scratch! Personalize it; make it something really special for you and the people you want to share your holidays with. Fill each pouch or drawer with candies, notes or even drawings, to make each day of December as special as Christmas itself.

Ria Boldt

U Vic '20

Ria is a slightly confused fourth year at the University of Victoria, with a major in tea drinking and a minor in freelance superhero-ing. When not busy she can usually be found reading, eating, or re-watching all of the Star Wars movies.
Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.