Your 2012 Horoscopes Revealed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Five, four, three, two, one. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I hope you were all excited to put 2011 behind you and are eagerly anticipating what the year 2012 has in store for you. Being the curious bunny I am, I always want to know what is coming up. So it has been a tradition for me to look at the yearly horoscope and know (or think I know) what I am looking forward to. So let’s explore what each horoscope sign can be expecting in 2012.

Warning: horoscopes are fun to foresee the future with but please take the advice with a grain of salt.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

Clarifications are definitely in line for 2012 especially in areas in which you were confused about in 2011. You will definitely start to grasp what you would like to do with your life and charge full on ahead, leaving your old life behind and emerging into a new one. Love is in the air for you and there will be lots of opportunities for you to be falling in love with someone new or simply love the one you’re with. Your career path may be full of unexpected twists and turns but you always manage it with grace. You’re headed towards an amazing future, just follow the signs – they’re everywhere!

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

It’s time for you to come out of your hiding spot and let yourself shine! Look forward to a huge catalyst in your career. You are about to take a huge step but don’t worry, this is the year for you to be seen and heard! You may gain insight not only about your past but also your role in your family. As for romance, you may encounter unexpected reunions with loves of the past. Revisiting your past can point you in the right direction of where your love life should be going. You may be a hopeless romantic but you no longer need to suffer the tragedy of unrequited love. If anything, you will be the one turning down offers.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

In 2012, you finally find your true self. Whether you’re an artist, healer, or writer, you can no longer deny how truly empathic and sensitive you are. It’s time to channel those qualities into proper use. This year holds big expectations for your potential and its time to turn your dreams into a reality. Take everything as it comes and don’t operate using only your head, follow your heart and intuition. You will be looking in the past for answers this year but use this as an opportunity to finally move forward from old fears, guilt, or regrets. You’ve been haunted by ghosts from your past for long enough! Your love life is being tested and communication will play a vital role. Don’t overthink or jump to conclusions, this year is all about unconditional love, trust that you are exactly where the universe wants you to be!

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

This is your breakout year where your talents will shine. But get ready to work your horns off this year! You will be pushed to focus and work like never before but you will rise above in your chosen field. The most important lesson you will be learning is to value yourself and not undersell any of your talents. Changes may be thrown your way and you will release your grip on the past. Luckily for you romantically, you are ready for the real thing. You’ve set your standards high and know what you will and won’t put up with. You have finally learned what you think you deserve and this will be a make-or-break year.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Simply put, you won’t starve for love, lust, creativity or money. The first six months will be focused on an ongoing personal renovation project and you may rekindle with old flames. The last six months will bring you luck and great financial prosperity and opportunities to expand your talents. Always thinking it’s a matter of time for finding a serious relationship? Well, this is the year where you may dive deeper into your commitments and spend quality time with those you cherish most. Professionally, progress may be slow but you’ve never felt more creative or inspired. This year is an ideal time to take a hiatus from responsibilities and immerse yourself in the beauty around you. You are destined for bigger and more glamorous things (extensive traveling may be involved). La Dolce Vita, baby!

Gemini (May 21 – June 21)

This year is all about change for Geminis whether it’s personal image or intimate relationships. If you are single, you will find someone this year. If you’re betrothed, you may reclaim singledom, get a house, get married or have a baby! You’ve learned the hard way and it’s time to apply this wisdom to your current or future romance. Either way, we are moving towards the unknown. This year, you will have much more discipline whether it’s daily workouts or actually doing your readings for class. With this newfound discipline, this is the time where your dreams and visions for the future insist on becoming realities. Weed out any methods that waste time such as Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube. You no longer work just for money but you have a career that is calling out to your soul. You will begin to take your talents more seriously and realize you deserve higher pay and more importantly, a higher ranking. Integrity is your new work style, which sets the tone for 2013.

Cancer (June 22 – July 22)

For Cancer, 2012 is all about new beginnings. Romance is a central theme for you this year. If you have started to give up on the hope of new partners, don’t. This is the year to make big decisions, you can no longer say one thing and do another. Either you are in it for the long haul… or you are a free bird. Friends can easily become something more or you may meet someone special through your circle of friends. Stop wondering when someone will come to fill the void, it will happen. You might be put through plenty of challenges regarding your family, either through the loss of a relative or a major strain on family relations. But your career is about to take a turn. Your motto should be ‘life starts where your comfort zone ends’. If your career isn’t where you want it to be, you will be forced to make a major change. The planets are begging you to take a chance and expand your opportunities. Take risks and you will be rewarded.

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

This is the year of fabulous fortunes and career advancements for you Leos. A large portion of your energy goes into money making (and spending)! Trust your instincts and you will be able to spend your money more freely. You will have luck towards long-range goals and wishes. You have an opportunity to seize everything you’ve ever wanted, so take your chances! The need for constant change – and to leave things that no longer serve you – is a requirement. You’re a work-in-progress; so don’t get too comfortable in your position. This year is about realizing your true potential. You’ll also be pleased to know that Cupid won’t be giving you a cold shoulder this year. You starve for affection so choosing only one requires excluding others, which has never been your strength. If you’re not ready to settle down, you may feel certain pressures to deepen your commitments. If you’ve been a single gal for quite a while, this year may force you to give up your wild days and find something more permanent and meaningful.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

This year is all action and you are not about to stop. You are pushed into a semi-neurotic workaholic mode but the planets provide you with all the energy to make amazing things happen! You are on an accelerated course to success and the accomplishments possible for the year is boundless. People will wonder where you get your limitless energy supply. You are your perfectionist self and you won’t settle for anything less. This is the time to realize how important it is to satisfy your soul. You’ve compromised, settled, and rationalized before, but it all ended badly. Now you’re willing to wait for the real thing. Since you are putting romance on a hold, you can focus on your finances. Lucky for you, any financial challenges you’ve had should come to an end and a change of residence is a possibility – especially travel opportunities.

Libra (September 23- October 22)

Some people may be dreading the arrival of 2012 but you certainly aren’t one of them. If you are still waiting for the right time to make big decisions – where to commit, where to quit – this is the time.  Funding from others will bring you all the resources and emotional support you need. This is also the year of transformation; change looks good on you, Libra! Shred the unnecessary layers and leap into the wonder of renewal. World travel is definitely an option for Libras this year. Change should occur not only in your person life but your love life as well. Co-dependence used to be a thing for you but the planets will assist you in finding your inner warrior and allow you to forge ahead on the path of individuality and freedom. Love may be blind but thankfully your veils have been lifted. Instead of projecting your ideals onto your lovers, you’ll be more inclined to look for a partner who is your equal!

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

You had an impressive year and now you’ve hit a major impasse. It’s time for you to slow down and experiment with what you want out of life. You may feel a little more distant from you friends this year but it’s all for bigger life goals. In fact, many parties this year will have some work component behind them. But remember, friends will play a vital role in furthering your career, so never underestimate the people you know. While you are figuring out your life, your love life also takes major shifts. You no longer are settling for one-night stands and a soulful connection becomes a requirement for love. You’ve been through enough heartache to go through a maturation process especially remembering to keep your wits and do a background check before giving your heart away. Overall, your life will definitely be not the same when 2013 rolls around. You’re a phoenix – expect to shed some major skin this year!

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Recently, you’ve probably experienced some dramatic endings and beginnings, both in your personal life and your professional life. Luckily, the winds of change are not about to let up just yet. The beginning of 2012 has set a beautiful tone for new love, but keep an eye out for returning old lovers. As tempting as it is to go backwards, remember why it didn’t work out and the lessons that come with it and look forward to the future. The plot of your love life consists of shocking twists and turns but use these unpredictable patterns to find someone who keeps you on your toes. Not to worry because this year, your energy will be focused all on your career. Glorious opportunities will be presented to you and take your career to the next level. For the first nine months, you will be in a constant workaholic mode but as October rolls around, its time for an extended vacation.

Natalie has recently completed her second year at the University of Toronto with a double major in History and Ethics, Society, and Law. She is excited to bring Her Campus to U of T and seeing it expand its presence in Canada. She is also active in the school's Model United Nations circles and numerous organizations off campus and is best described as a political and pop culture junkie. Born and raised in Toronto, she is blindingly proud of everything the city has to offer including the best school in the country, no matter what Macleans says, and its sports teams, no matter how many times they may lose or miss the playoffs.