This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

As a university student, keeping track of dates can be hectic. Markers on our calendars may consist only of depressing deadlines and meetings. However, the third Thursday of every month should definitely be marked off and here’s why.

Third Thursdays is an event that runs every month down at Dundas West. It’s advertised as an evening of food, art, music, and shopping. The event is hosted by the local businesses in the area with the intention of aquainting the general public with the neighbourhood. Offers like discounted menus and special deals pop up for the evening to celebrate this unique Thursday.

One of my favourite spots, The Unlovable, offers karaoke. The hipster vibe bar also offers nostalgic pinball machines and great music played by local DJs. Another great spot to look at this Thursday is Cygnet Coffee. Look no further because if you’re looking for a classy little coffee shop to post some new selfies on Instagram, this is your place. They will be offering $2 pastries, which by the way are absolutely delicious, with any drink order.

The area itself may seem a little underrated but Third Thursdays are definitely not to be missed. The discounts are one thing, but the experiences are to die for. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get a new favourite spot to hit up on a night of spontaneity!

If you want to learn more about Third Thursdays and upcoming events, or you’re simply eager to spread the word about this hidden gem, check out this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DWThirdThursdays

Tracy is a first-year student getting lost around campus on the daily. She is an optimist that tends to sleep avidly, however, she is by no means a misanthrope. She loves going out, but only as long as the food is as good as the company. It is remarkably easy to make her laugh, and she loves doing it (and will hopefully live longer because of it). Emotional to a fault, she will cry during movies and especially when reading a good book. All in all, she's an organized mess, a fabulously organized mess
Jina Aryaan is one of the Co-Editors-in-Chief of Her Campus UToronto. She is a fourth year student pursuing a major in Sociology, and a double minor in French and Latin American Studies at the University of Toronto. She has been working with Her Campus since her first year of University, and she is also highly involved on campus through various other leadership positions. When she's not busy studying, you can catch her running around campus to get to her next class or meeting. When she has some spare time, she's likely busy writing, discussing politics, or spending quality time with friends and family.