This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

The weather is a hard phenomenon to keep track of especially with these sudden changes in weather patterns. Weather plays an important role in determining what we wear on a day-to-day basis but you don’t need to forfeit your style to account for it! But as tired, busy students, we tend to sleep in and then are in a rush to get ready, which means that we may not be able to make the best decisions when it comes to weather-appropriate outfits.

Here are five different oufits that are comfortable, appropriate for the weather, and easy to pull together in a pinch:

(Note: this is based on the weather for this week in MISSISSAUGA & TORONTO, ONTARIO)

MONDAY: ☼ 9ºC

When the weather is below 10ºC, it’s best to dress a little warm but you don’t have to pull on your winter coat just yet. A great outfit that you could throw on really quickly is black leggings and a flannel. If you believe you’re going to be cold, have a thin jacket ready on standby so you don’t have to go digging through your closet for it. 

The flannel above is from Bluenotes and the leggings are from Garage, but you can substitute it for a flannel and pair of leggings you may already have in your closet.

TUESDAY: ☂ 18ºC

Time to pull your umbrella out but you can dress up a bit more comfortably. Reaching almost twenty degrees means this is a great time to pull out something quick an easy. A great idea would be a dress, possibly with tights if you want and maybe a pair of boots. This is something that’s great for when you’re running late because you don’t have to think too much about the outfit.

WEDNESDAY: ☂ 15ºC

Again with the rain but slightly cooler. Wednesday is when you’re probably feeling the most tired since it’s the middle of the week and you just want it to be over. Wednesdays are a great day to just dress laid back and comfortable and when you’re running late that’s even easier for you. Just throw on a T-shirt and jeans, a pair of sneakers and you’re good to go. (You can swap out the jeans for leggings if that’s easier for you).

THURSDAY: ☂ 13ºC

The temperature is dropping even further, and the rain is still out there. This is a good day to dress a bit warmer but you may not necessarily need a jacket. An outfit I would recommend is a bodysuit (or t-shirt) with a pair of black leggings or jeans. Throw a poncho or scarf over that like pictured in this article (the last photo) as well as down below and you’ll be good to go.

FRIDAY: ☼ 11ºC

Definitely much colder, the rain is gone but the colder weather is back. This is a good day to bundle up a bit more and start to brace yourself for the colder days to come. When you’re running late, a simple thing to do is just throw on a hoodie (possibly one from your college/university) and for U of T students, you can find some here! Then throw on some leggings or sweatpants. Stay warm my friends, Friday is your chill day!