BTC WELLNESS?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
BTC WELLNESS?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Wellness

Wellness Influencers You Should Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by Olivia Spahn-Vieira  

As 2020 comes to a wrap, we have our sights set on making 2021 the best it can be. I know *my focus* in 2021 is to improve my health and wellness. I need to be the best Kate I can be. What about you? So, I want to share with you some of my favourite wellness influencers that I follow, (and that you need to as well!)

Arianna Huffington

After collapsing from sleep deprivation and exhaustion, Arianna started ThriveGlobal. She saw how important it was to connect well-being and performance. As well, she realized that a lot of the world is reaching the point of burn-out, and that needs to change. 

ThriveGlobal is a campaign that creates awareness about the reality of stress and burnout, helping people to manage their pressures while still working towards their goals. 

Jessamyn Stanley

Yoga Teacher. Body Positive Advocate. Writer. Jessamyn is a Queer Black woman, looking to empower all women, of all bodies. She founded her own company, The Underbelly, a virtual yoga studio, and online shop, to help individuals to tunes in with themselves and live authentically. Her approach to wellness includes defying the stereotype of how women’s bodies “should” look, and instead, celebrating all body-types, through the practice of yoga. 

Her latest book, Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear, Get On the Mat, Love Your Body, has a how-guide to different toga poses and techniques for beginners to the advanced stage!

Follow Jessamyn on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mynameisjessamyn/?hl=en

Emilie Eats

Our next #wellnessinfluencer started her yummy, vegan food blog in her sophomore year of college. She doesn’t believe in an all-or-nothing approach to nutrition, and instead, focuses on balance. Emilie follows evidence-based nutrition, and sets an example by eating satisfying food that fuels her body. 

She shares simple, plant-powered recipes every week right from her kitchen! Follow her on Instagram, for weekly meal suggestions that you can make at home! 

https://www.instagram.com/emilieeats/

Rachel Hollis

The Hollis Company exists to arm people with the tools to make positive and lasting change. They do this by creating media, production, inspiration, and community, which challenge the audience to work towards a better version of themselves, every day. 

Rachel Hollis has created motivating, wellness-related content such as Girl, Wash Your Face, and Girl, Stop Apologizing, and also runs a wellness blog, The Chic Site.

Katherine Garbarino

This Toronto-based, #Wellnessinfluencer has everything you need on your daily feed from wellness tips to lifestyle tips. Katherine is also the founder of @girlslivingwell!

Follow her Instagram to get a daily dose of wellness added into your day! 

https://www.instagram.com/kgmtl/?hl=en

Kate Hambly

U Toronto '21

hey! my name is kate and i'm a fourth-year student at UofT studying Criminology, Sociology, & Forensic Science. I enjoy studying in cafes, exploring the city & hanging out with friends! I love the idea of an online platform to share and take advice from other female university students, so thanks for reading x