Tis the (Patio) Season: 5 Must-Try Toronto Patio Restaurants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by: Jina Aryaan

As exam season comes to an end, students across Toronto celebrate their newfound freedom and the glorious summer weather. For those remaining in the city for the summer, this provides ample opportunity to try out some of Toronto’s best patio restaurants. Guests can enjoy views of the Toronto skyline while enjoying summer favorites such as cocktails, burgers, and, cold summer desserts. Living in the heart of downtown, I enjoy trying as many restaurants as I can that provide beautiful city views. Here are some of my favorite patio restaurants.

Amsterdam Brewhouse

Located on Queens Quay, Amsterdam presents a beautiful view of Lake Ontario as well as the condominium filled skyline of the Toronto Harbourfront. Amsterdam Brewhouse proudly states that they have been brewing the best beer since 1986 as well as offering other alcoholic favorites such as rosé, ciders, and Caesars. They offer a diverse selection of entrees for an average of fifteen dollars each. My personal favorites include the salmon and the ravioli. 

The Porch

The Porch is a Toronto favorite with a spacious rooftop patio overlooking the CN Tower and surrounding buildings. Although it is four blocks away from the water, The Porch offers a “beachy” atmosphere by serving it’s alcoholic beverages such as the “Bulldog“ in a beach bucket, and through its décor that mirrors that of a beach picnic area. The Porch offers several unique entrees like their lettuce wraps and buffalo cauliflower as well as many common favorites such as the classic burger and pepperoni pizza.

SOCO Kitchen and Bar

SOCO Kitchen and Bar is located on prime real estate as it is situated between the Air Canada Centre and The Rogers Centre. Raptors, Maple Leafs, and Jays’ fans can grab a quick meal before heading off to cheer on the home teams. SOCO Kitchen and Bar offers a stunning view of some of Toronto’s best attractions including the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, the Rogers Centre, Jurassic Park, and the Air Canada Centre. Customer favorites on the menu include the Italian flatbread pizzas and the Italian meatballs

The One Eighty 

Located on the 51st floor of the Manulife Centre, the One Eighty offers one of the most stunning views of the city with it’s North and South facing patios. The One Eighty offers a picturesque view of the entire city skyline, perfect for those insta worthy rooftop photos. Although it’s entrees and drinks are pricey, they offer a large menu that can easily accommodate all dietary restrictions. The One Eighty provides the perfect spot for a night out on the town, a Sunday Brunch, or it can be rented out for your ultimate private party. 

The Walton

The Walton located on College Street offers a beautifully lit outdoor patio. Although the patio is small, it provides an intimate dining experience under strung tree lights imitating the appearance of twinkling stars. The Walton offers are a large variety of wines, ciders, cocktails, and champagnes as well as perfect pairings to go along with your drinks. Here you can find the perfect escape from the busy downtown core for the perfect date night or night on the town with friends. 

Summertime in the city provides the perfect opportunity to try out some of these (and other) great patio spots. So get your friends together and get ready to enjoy your favorite summer drinks, don’t forget to take those insta worthy pics!

(Hons) BA Candidate at the University of Toronto. Olivia is a well-versed content writer having written and edited for Her Campus U Toronto for three years and now serves as the Managing Editor. Olivia is currently working as the Content Manager for Enso Connect and as a social science research contributor at U of T. In her spare time, Olivia competes and trains for long-distance road races with local run clubs in Toronto.